JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
So I called the place i took my CHL course from to get my wife into a class.. He said that she so far is the only person that has called about a class.. and also he'd like to have a class within the month.. So i figured this may be a good chance for people who haven't taken a course to take one... there is no Shooting required, just an in class course and its on Tuesday evenings around 6ish i believe an lasts about 3 hours.. they like to keep the class around 10 peeps.. the number for the place is 541-924-0427 the Place is Called Northwest Arms :s0155:

Another option is to check out www.oregonfirearmsacademy.com Yes I know our class is around 9 hrs long and consist of range time and probably cost more and there may be a waiting period to get in to a class, but before you sign up your wife check the site, click on schedule, scroll to a basic safety class, click on and read/view the corse contents and photo's. We would be honored to train your wife and you!

I don't know these guys, but you are TOO CLOSE to Oregon Firearms Academy to not call them. These guys are just the proverbial "Pooh".......can't say enough good stuff about them.

Hey glockguy,

I've talked to a couple friends and have like three or four people who'd be interested in taking the class.

Let me know what we need to do to get this thing rolling.:D

Hey glockguy,

I've talked to a couple friends and have like three or four people who'd be interested in taking the class.

Let me know what we need to do to get this thing rolling.:D

All you need to do is call 541-924-0427 and tell him youd like to knwo when the next CHL class is. and tell him who you have an how many

CALL THE OFFICE! Sometimes Vivian has openings and can squeeze people in. At least get on a wait list. We had a last minute cancellation at last Sunday's BHS and a seat went empty.

Its not that I wouldn't want to take classes from other people or what not its the fact that this class is in the evening and im sure its more convenient for people to sit through a 2 - 3 hour class and be done with it and not worry about shooting, that's why i took it there.

Hey glock, thought you might be interested in this site: MDgunsafety.com

I spoke to the Benton County Sherriff's office today and they told me this online course will satisfy the safety requirement for a CHL. I'm not sure about Linn County, but it might be worth calling to find out.

I've also read here on the site that a few guys in Lane County have successfully used it.

Takes about 30 minutes and it's free. That's pretty darn convenient.

I should add that it doesn't cover any Oregon-specific laws and is about as basic as it gets, so while i think it's a great way for people who are very experienced and comfortable with guns to satisfy the technical requirement for a course, those with less experience or who aren't willing to research Oregon law on their own are probably better off taking a paid class from a certified instructor who can answer all their questions.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top