JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I have lived in Oregon my whole life and have my CHL permit here. Five months ago I moved out of state and got an out of state drivers license. Three months later company outsources the jobs and back I come. Now I have an out of state drivers license, yet I still have my Oregon CHL permit and am living at address on my permit. Even my insurance information and vehicular registration is the same as my Oregon CHL permit.

Wondering if I can still carry in Oregon, I went into local Sherrif's office and posed this question to the officer at the CHL window. I asked can I carry legally and officer wasn't sure it seemed, but said since permit is me, and vehicular registration and registration all show same residence, it shouldn't be a problem at all.

The unsure nature of the officer's body language didn't leave me reassured at all. So can I legally carry here still?

Thanks!

For sure get an Oregon driver's license. I can picture major hassles at a simple traffic stop. The officer will see that you have a CHL and an out-of-state license. Alarm bells will be going off. You were supposed to report your move to the sheriff according to the CHL rules.

Was just curious, no point in carrying at all since moving out of state for another job in a couple weeks. Just spoke to someone else at Sherriff's office and got everything sorted out.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top