JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Question:

If you've got a CHL issued by one Oregon county but move to another Oregon county does this mean you've got to take another CHL permit class, fill out another CHL application, etc.-in other words, go through the same process you did when getting the original permit?

Or, once you have a CHL is it transferable to other Oregon
counties?

Question:

If you've got a CHL issued by one Oregon county but move to another Oregon county does this mean you've got to take another CHL permit class, fill out another CHL application, etc.-in other words, go through the same process you did when getting the original permit?

Or, once you have a CHL is it transferable to other Oregon
counties?

Q. What should I do if I just moved into Clackamas County and I have a concealed handgun license from another County?
A. The concealed handgun license is an Oregon license, but it is administered in the county you reside in. When you change your DMV license you need to transfer your concealed handgun license so that both addresses are the same. Clackamas County will fingerprint you as a result of the transfer application process.
The fee for a transfer is $15.

The fingerprint fee is $15.

The total transfer fee including fingerprinting is $30.

Q. What should I do if I move out-of-state or from Clackamas County to another county in Oregon?
A. If you will be transferring your license to another county, register with that county. They will notify us that you are no longer a concealed handgun license holder in Clackamas County. However, if you do not transfer your license to another Oregon county or if you move out of state, you must notify the Clackamas County Sheriff's Office.

Concealed Handgun License: Frequently Asked Questions

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads