JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
So here’s an idea that I’d like to ask the forum moderators to consider.
There’s bound to be people that have appointments with their sheriffs for getting the CHL paperwork done but something in life comes up and they cannot make the appointments.
No reason to let these appointments go empty.
How about a new/temp section in the classifieds for Appointment Swaps / Drops?
No selling, no bartering.
John111 - Marion county, March 14th, 10:30am. I can’t make this appointment but would like to swap with someone. Let me know what you have and maybe we can swap if your date/time works.
DaveMan – I have one at 2pm on April 17th. Let me know.
YakAttack – I’ll swap my March 28th appointment at 9am.
John111 – Yak, I'll swap with you.
YakAttack – Done deal. Thanks.
DaveMan – Darn.

These people then PM each other so when they show up they tell the person that John Pope has swapped with Bob Meders. Heck, just to be safe John could call the sheriffs office and give the swap dates / times / names.

I would like to see a thread that states when a person:
- submitted application date
- appointment date
- received CHL
- county

Just a simple tool for people too see what time frames we are working with without calling the Sheriff's office. All the time they spend on the phone is just time taken away from processing applications.

Example:
- Multnomah County
- I submitted my application around Dec 7th
- Interview date was Jan 3rd
- Still waiting for permit

multnomah county
summited app 12/28
appoitment 03/14
received ?????

just called to put my name on a list of contacts for earlier appoitments and asked if one could be swiched/swapped, her response" DO NOT SWITCH APPOINTMENTS, PERIOD" that was from Multnomah county.

You make an incorrect assumtion that if an appointment is not able to be kept that it somehow goes empty. When in fact I know that these are filled right away by the Sherrifs office. Unless someone just doesn't show in which case the people in the CHL office may not have time to fill the slot.

I was called in 3 weeks before my appointment in Marion county to fill just such an opening. The called me in the middle of the day asked me if I could make an appointment the next day at a specific time and I have no doubt that had I said I was buzy they would have called the next person on the list.

Its in my opinion best the forum not get involved in trying to change appointments for the various Sherrifs depts.

Not to mention the unbelievable logistics of the whole thing.

You're right, I did assume that they go empty.
When I called they said "earlist day is .....do you want this time or this other time?......your name?......ok, goodbye"
I don't remember them asking for a phone number.
That's what got me to thinking about this.
Mine is in a couple of weeks so this won't help me. Just thought it might help other members who are waiting 5mths.

You're right, I did assume that they go empty.
When I called they said "earlist day is .....do you want this time or this other time?......your name?......ok, goodbye"
I don't remember them asking for a phone number.
That's what got me to thinking about this.
Mine is in a couple of weeks so this won't help me. Just thought it might help other members who are waiting 5mths.

With caller ID they don't need to ask.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads