JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
WHY I CARRY: Seven People Attack Pair of Brothers with Machetes in Chicago
September 12 2014
by Dan Cannon

Here is another one of our "Why I Carry" stories. These stories, unlike our defensive gun uses, take a look at situations that may have turned out very differently if the victim(s) had been armed. These stories also serve as an important reminder as to why it's important to carry everyday.
The machete is the weapon of choice for many oppressive regimes throughout the world. The sheer violence of the machete reinforces it as weapon of fear.
machete.jpg
Now, it seems as if we're dealing with machete attacks in the United States.
According to ABC 7 Chicago,
A 26-year-old Jefferson Park man and his 17-year-old brother were waiting for the train shortly after midnight Monday when a group of four men and three teens approached them and asked them to flash gang signs. When the brothers refused and stated they were not part of a gang, police say 18-year-old Mario Elvira pulled out a machete and struck the 26-year-old victim in the head.
The 26-year-old remains hospitalized at Swedish Covenant Hospital in stable condition. The attack caused a gash 6 inches long and 1 1/2 inches deep, which required more than 30 stitches to close.
Police said the seven suspects – Elvira; Jean Salvatierra, 23; Kevin Ramierz, 19; Kevar Preston, 20; and two 15-year-old males and one 15-year-old female – then fled. They were apprehended by police shortly thereafter. All of the suspects are from the North side of Chicago.
As always, I have to point out that a firearm may or may not have helped prevent or stop this assault. However, better situational awareness and planning could have possibly helped prevent the incident. Also, I prefer to have options whenever possible.

A spare tire doesn't prevent flat tires.

A first aid kit doesn't prevent an accident.

A fire extiguisher doesn't prevent a fire.

So no, a gun won't prevent an attack...but you are a fool to not think that you will never need one.

Good post erudne

Sounds like MS13. Becoming more and more prevelant here. All these gangs are becoming more and more brazen and violent to compete with other gangs and establish their "respect" or fear. Same as the isis murderers.
They need to be dealt with in the same manner.
Extermination.

MS13 is spreading like a plague and ruining once great cities and towns across America. Last I was in Virginia visiting my grandfather I stopped at a once beautiful untouched spot along the Shenandoah River that I had many fond memories of fishing growing up. As I proceeded down the trail to the water first thing I was greeted with stench of garbage in my nostrils, as I reached the shore my eyes showed what I remembered as a pristine clean riverfront turned into a dump site littered with trash and the old arch highway bridge covered bottom to top in graffiti, the majority of which read "Ms13". :s0118:.

Later in the trip I spoke with family and friends and was informed of many crimes and assaults in the area (which were little to none in previous years) MS13 was responsible for... Including my 16 old cousin and her friends being assaulted by a man with a "Machete" at a Drive-Thru. I feel this never would've be allowed to happen even 50 year ago in that town, because if it did and local law enforcement didn't act accordingly some Good Ole' Boys would.

These cockroaches need to be stomped out...

Step one to the solution... Close The BoRder!

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top