JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Chipotle Chicken and Ham with Fried (fresh) Polenta

100_2255.jpg

100_2253.jpg

Hey T! You've done it again. Great meal but "where all the veggies at?"
I counted about 8 peas, 3 bits of carrot and the end piece of a tomato.:confused:

Now don't get me wrong, I'd be there in a new york minute (if you ever called me:D) and help consume mass quantities but isn't polenta a protein food? or is it a fruit? vegetable? mineral?:p

I think I'm just jealous of your skill in the kitchen...again, great job. :s0155:

I'm going to get another cookie:(

Will

Polenta is a type of corn grain similar to grits and for some reason used a lot in gourmet cooking. I work in an upscale cafeteria/catering company, never seen or heard of polenta before. i tried a heaping spoon full thinking they were some cheesey mashed potatoes. Was that a surprise, a gritty, yucky mess.

Polenta is a type of corn grain similar to grits and for some reason used a lot in gourmet cooking. I work in an upscale cafeteria/catering company, never seen or heard of polenta before. i tried a heaping spoon full thinking they were some cheesey mashed potatoes. Was that a surprise, a gritty, yucky mess.

Do you mean Trlsmn made a balanced meal of carbs and protein again!
Can't you do anything wrong T?

Why can't I cook like that?:(
I guess I'll bake some more bread.:D

Will

Here is the recipe, it's very cheap to make. The secret is in that Devo video, Whip it, whip it good!

6 c. water
1 tsp. salt
2 c. polenta (cornmeal)
3 tbsp. butter
2 cups Grated Jack cheese

Get the water, butter and salt at a hard boil, slowly poor in polenta while whisking, turn temp down to med high, keep whisking, add cheese, keep whisking, keep boiling off the water and whisking until it is thick. Poor into a greased container until cool, once it's set up turn over onto a plate, leave it for a couple more hours. Slice and fry in Olive oil till browned.

The real secret is whisking, you have to whisk it until it's done, there is no way around it!

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top