JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Watchable wildlife!!!!! WTH???? i want to watch them twitch when they get hit by a hollow point .22!!! I have heard it all now. whats next mice are "domestic animals"? Those little rodents are every where. Man Walt Disney really screwed us over this time. LOL! oh well guess i can find somethin else to shoot. Thanks for the info spitpatch. That would have sucked to get charged for "illegal taking of a Watchable animal"!

Why would you want to kill something just because they are "fun to shoot?" Especially something not worth eating, not sporting, and not a nuisance. Maybe you need to spend less time on gun forums and more time on the self help ones.People who think like this give all hunters a bad name...as well as gun owners.

Illegal. Classified as "Watchable Wildlife" in Oregon. Which I have no problem with until they start trying to come in my house.

the phrase "watchable wildlife" does not appear in the ORS, nor does "chipmunk." i'm gonna have to call BS unless you can site a solid source

What's coming across is a certain deficiency of moral imperative. That's cool though, because there's the law to help in circumstances like that:

ODFW: Hunting Furbearers

Chipmunks are on the list of "protected species [that] may not be taken without a valid license and tag during authorized seasons or a Scientific Taking Permit."

Last Edited:
I believe in the Oregon reg's it states that shooting chippys is illegal and puinishable....hence it's why I drive out to my friends private ranch here in burns and shoot sage rats and rockchucks all weekend...And the occasional coyotes....came out here friday and probably put out 1100 rnds of 223 and 1000rnds of 17hmr this weekend....probably shot up 600 or so rats today....which is not even a slight dent in this area....there's rats everywhere and just tearing up ground....it's great to have this much fun and also know that I'm helping my friends livestock not breaking their legs when they run into rat holes...

Thanks ubber thank link helps answer the question a bit. You are right thats what laws are for. That is why i asked the question. If i hadnt cared about the law i wouldnt have asked the question, i wouldve been out shooting them and not caring.

I honestly didn't think chipmunks would be on there when I looked. I kill squirrels because they sink my foundation. Already lost a carport. Trying to defend the well-house...

+1 on starlings Go to town on the them. I was always told that they were protected as song birds as I grew up but that's not the case at all.

It will be interesting to see what the ODFW says about the chipmunks. Seems I read something onetime one particular species of chipmunk (Golden Mantled I think) was protected. Unless something has changed Sparrows and Starlings are the only UNPROTECTED birds in Oregon.

+1 on killing the Starlings. They are an invasive non native species. They're almost worse than rats as far as being disease carriers. I had a problem with them a couple of years ago. Two groups of Starlings had taken up residency in some places where they could get in some vent holes in my roof. They crap on everything. I had to seal up with heavy wire screen everywhere they could possibly get in. They are still back this year trying to get in and crapping on my house. Time to get a better pellet rifle.

Why exactly do people shoot sage rats???? They wouldnt be a nuisance if there wasnt a farm there. People shoot rats cause its fun! Anyone that says otherwise is probably lying. So why not just hop on down off that high horse playboy.

Killing something because it's fun is a sign of psychological misfortune. Daddy didn't love you?

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top