Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Chip McCormick 45 ACP Magazines

Discussion in 'Gear & Accessories' started by johnharris11, Dec 16, 2009.

1. johnharris11

johnharris11 Central Point Member

Anyone have any reviews, from experience with Chip McCormick magazines for a 7 rnd, 45 ACP? If they are reliable, feed well, and hold up overtime.

2. wakejoe

wakejoe Beaverton, OR Well-Known Member

They are very good quality magazines. :) 100% good to go.

3. reloadem

reloadem Monroe, OR Member

they are great mags as long as your firearm has a steel frame, the follower will gouge aluminum framed guns

4. Big Dave

Big Dave Milwaukie New Member

Not bad for the price, Better than Kimpro mags (imho). I prefer "cobra mags" from Tripp Research.

5. Cougfan2

Cougfan2 Hillsboro, OR Well-Known Member

I have some Chip McCormick 8 rd mags, but I only load them with six in the mag and one in the pipe. 100% reliable so far.

6. wakejoe

wakejoe Beaverton, OR Well-Known Member

I carry Wilson Combat 8rnd mags.

I leave them fully loaded, plus one in the pipe, all the time. :) Months and months, no problems.

7. johnharris11

I will be using them in a Dan Wesson CBOB, no aluminum.

8. johnharris11

How about Tripp magazines, anyone using them? What do you think, how well do they operate?

9. bignate

bignate Oregon Member

Chip McCormick 8 rd mags work great in my Springfield, and a buddy's kimber. No problems except when you drop them out of your pack in the middle of nowhere and cant find them... lol

nate

10. Sun195

Sun195 Pugetropolis, WA Well-Known Member

I just bought a Tripp magazine for my CBOB & Tripp conversion kits for the two DW magazines that came with it. I was having problems with the slide locking back with the DW magazines. I've only been able to put 150 rounds through these, so it's a very limited test, but no problems with feeding or slide locking so far.

11. Cougfan2

Cougfan2 Hillsboro, OR Well-Known Member

I have a CBOB as well and I have to say the only thing I was disappointed about was the mags. No real problems with them, just cheap quality. I expected better quality mags to be shipped with a pistol of that quality. Kind of like vinyl seats in a Ferrari.

12. wichaka

wichaka Wa State Well-Known Member

McCormicks Power mags are the ones to get. Bypass the "Shooting Star" model. They may work, but after time, they tend to cause more problems than they are worth.

Tripp makes a good mag. Virgil did his homework when they introduced them.

I have been using Wilson mags back when they were known as Wilson/Rogers model 47 mags. Wilson sent me some of the new ET mags, and they are worth checking out as well. A bit spendy, but so far have held up to some good hard use.

13. johnharris11

Thanks for all the info. It will help me decide which to buy.

14. spider

spider Hillsboro Well-Known Member

Chip mccormick mags are awesome, i'm a 10 rnd type of guy, so the power-10s, i highly recommend. I also have th ewilson combat and tripp research 10 round mags, and to be honest, I like the tripp research 10 round mags better because of the floor plates, they sit so perfect against my colt .45.

15. spider

spider Hillsboro Well-Known Member

What? Mine came with vinyl......oh wait that was a fiero.:paranoid:

16. usfatboy01

usfatboy01 Hillsboro, Oregon Member

8 and 10 rounders CHIP's work great for me. Use them in a springfield loaded.