JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
That was really impressive, I had a friend who's husband was a chinook pilot.

Those are huge birds!

And auper impressive pilots.

I still remember the blackhawk that crashed performing a rescue on Mt. Hood years ago.

That was heartbreaking

If you want to read about one of the best chopper pilots in Vietnam, then check out an autobiography called "Chickenhawk"
by Robert Mason. Truly amazing stories of fearless dedication to saving lives in the heat of battle.

upload_2018-7-13_18-43-54.jpeg

I'm pretty sure the best and bravest pilots came out of Vietnam.

They went into hell for their fellow countrymen, then when they got shot to crap, they refueled and went back. Again, and again, and again.

They wouldn't stop until everyone was out or they were dead.

"So others may live" They lived and breathed this statement.

State senator Betsy Johnson can fly the heck out of those birds as well. I'm not really convinced that she's a Democrat either.

If you want to read about one of the best chopper pilots in Vietnam, then check out an autobiography called "Chickenhawk"
by Robert Mason. Truly amazing stories of fearless dedication to saving lives in the heat of battle.

I am about done with this book, great read and a great look at helicopter pilots, and some understanding about the sh*t they went through like everybody else.

Those guys coming out of Vietnam with 1000 combat turbine hours were getting all the flying jobs in the late 70's, which put an end to my commercial pilot hopes with my mere 200 hours / complex rating hours in comparison.

That CH 47 pilot probably learned that move in Afghanistan, my son extracted a couple times that way 10 years ago. Big balls flying for sure. Disclamier : There are some bad bubblegum female pilots capable of that quite well too.

My step brother, Raul was a door gunner in "nam". He was shot down 5 times, told me about it himself. Said there was one rule when your going down, keep the 50 going no matter what. I looked at him and he was smiling, said check this out and he pulled his collar open so I could see the back of his neck, it looked like hamburger....

He said it was the shell casings burns....

I said how could you climb back in that thing? He laughed and said they were real low, ether landing or taking off and the bird would lose power and the would come down hard and bounce and every one would jump out and run while he was rattling the 50.

Said after the first few times he knew the pilot would "handle it" and they where just focused on getting the guys in and out as safe so if the LZ was hot, they would just straif the perimeter until the small arms fire would cool down, get in and get out.

I was like 14 at the time, I thought he was BS,ing me but every one who knew him told me it was true plus more.

He got out, acted crazy, bought a 65 vet [fun car, I got lots of rides] and had some crazy girl chasing party fun then mellowed out and eventually became a preacher.

Lost him about 15 yrs ago to some strange rare type of cancer. Too bad, really nice guy.

~

If they send him the bill for that little life crisis he may wind up right back up there.
Yep I don't know about the military helos but the air lift helos that transport people off the islands up here are 20grand just to turn the key and pick you up and goes up from there .

That's why they get paid the BIG BUCKS RIGHT.
LOL HEHEHE just think we pay football players millions of dollars to sit on there A$$ during the national anthem.
And run there mouth about a bunch of B.S.
And this pilot gets what .

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads