Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

chinese sks?

Discussion in 'Rifle Discussion' started by Dizle, Sep 20, 2010.

1. Dizle

Dizle albany, oregon Member

i found a chinese sks that i like, any reviews on them? lets hear it

2. tpsg

tpsg lacey Member

Although they our not as valueble as Korean or russian, they our every bit as good. They come chrome lined in the gas tube and barrel. As much as I hate supporting china I have to say I love my Norinco products. I think a good price is around 150 to 250, more if it has the bayo, sling, and bandelor. etc

3. spengo

spengo GLORIOUS CASCADIA Active Member

Chinese SKS-M/D models are super cool. Dunno how hard they are to find though, I have not seen them in stores.
    419877769eiaxvlph.jpg

4. Dizle

the one im lookin at is a true chinese, not norinco. it has a scope mounted on it, its the paratrooper model, looks a bit beat up, it has the sling. and they are asking 240 for it

5. spengo

spengo GLORIOUS CASCADIA Active Member

Check the bore, if it is not a sewer or completely shot-out, go for it.

6. trainsktg

trainsktg Portland OR Well-Known Member

Um, if your meaning of 'true Chinese' is a 'military-issue' rifle, then the 'Paratrooper' model is a rifle built exclusively for the civilian market. To my knowledge the shortened SKS was never used in the Chinese military. And Norinco is true Chinese. They are a huge military contractor.

If everything looks good on the rifle, I'd say buy it for the price. I had no problems with either my Chinese Paratrooper or SKS-M.

You mention a scope, though. Image-Google 'Cowboy Companion SKS' and if the rifle/scope you are considering is the same, don't walk...run!...and buy it :) .

Keith

Last edited: Sep 21, 2010
  7. Rix

Rix Tacoma Active Member

AK mags FTW?

8. Zman

Zman renton New Member

I just shot my Chinese sks last weekend for the first time. It was a lot of fun and ammo is pretty cheap. Mine has the tapco composite folding stock. I shot so much that the plastic was smoking. The guy i got it from gave me the original stock also. I might put that one on.

9. JUSTIficatioN

JUSTIficatioN Seattle, Wa Member

I'd buy it, $240 is a decent price for a paratrooper which you don't see to often. I had a norinco sks for awhile (really regret selling it) and those things are built like tanks. Ammo is cheap and plentiful and they are fun fun fun to shoot. I'd stay away from aftermarket mags, most seem to be problematic at least in my experience. There are a lot of aftermarket accessories for any sks if you want to go that route, but I went through a few aftermarket stocks before just putting the original back on because it was the best fit for me.

10. Dizle

i went down and bought it today!

11. trainsktg

trainsktg Portland OR Well-Known Member

Sooooo...let's see it :) .

Keith

12. Dizle

i will take pics of it today and put it up

13. dario541

dario541 medford, or 97504 Member

I have a Chinese made SKS that takes AK magazines. It seems to function ok but the welds inside look atrocious (sic). I hope it continues to hold together.