JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I am curious what these 3 SKS's are worth in today's market. I know years ago they were cheap junk. I have 3 Chinese made. 2 are marked Norinco.
I am not looking to sell them in 15 minutes of posting. I don't mind waiting a few weeks for the right buyer. Any input would be great. Thanks for reading.

Last Edited:
IMO some of these estimates are pretty high. Right now AIM Surplus (and likely other retailers) has all-original Chinese Type 56 SKS clones for $310. To most buyers these would be more desirable than rifles modified in the manner described in the OP.

1.250-275

I agree with raftman.
IMO, the addition of tacticool aftermarket parts detracts from the beauty and originality of the SKS regardless of country of origin, and reduces the overall value to those who appreciate the rifle for what it is.

I agree with raftman.
IMO, the addition of tacticool aftermarket parts detracts from the beauty and originality of the SKS regardless of country of origin, and reduces the overall value to those who appreciate the rifle for what it is.

I agree 100%.

However, what they are worth and what they will sell for is two different prices unfortunaly.

All of the prepper survival youtube channels praise the SKS as the #1 SHTF gun because of the reliability and low price point. They inflated the market on a budget rifle to the point that they sell for almost what you can buy an AK for.

California prices seem to be seeping elsewhere (But in most cases we pay 20% Higher prices for SKS rifles than other states) AK even more (25%) in some cases . But AR prices are stable(Lower) as in other states (Parts even more so )

Heyday pricing for NIB or Dist boxed & sold affairs never dipped below $89.00 for Russian or Chinese (Unless you purchased 3 ) even in pre ban panic overstock kerfuffle but they did offer "Spam Can" ammo throw in deals ( Like $119.00 with a Can thrown in)

I'd add that the preference for factory-original configuration isn't just an aesthetic preference (though it's certainly partially that), it's also a matter of function. Most SKS mods are attempts to turn the gun into something it isn't, wasn't meant to be, and really can't be. For example, the OP's SKS #3 with the Drag stock, scope, and bipod. The SKS was never meant to be scoped and most SKS scope mounts won't hold zero. The long range ballistics of 7.62x39 aren't too good anyways so you got something configured like a DMR along the lines of an SVD or PSL but nowhere near the function. Same for the OP's #1, which is configured to be more like an AK but is a relatively poor substitute for an AK. Want an AK? Buy an AK. Want a DMR of some type? Buy one. The SKS was made to be a simple, durable, reliable infantry rifle and left in that configuration it's a very decent weapon. When you change it though, you're usually left with something that is less than the sum of its parts.

I put my 1964 Chinese paratrooper into a tapco stock for 2 reasons:

1. The original wood is very good to perfect and I don't want to mess that up because I'm plinking with it.

2. The gas tube piece comes with a rail on top that just happens to hold zero well enough to keep a red dot withing a 3" group at 150yrds which is about as far as I can see without glasses or magnified optics.

I kept the 10rnd fixed mag tho for reliability.

I wouldn't pay anything for a federal firearms violation ( 100% original except for the duckbill magazine ), look it up, 922r. good luck with your sale, there will be any number of willing idiots to buy it.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top