JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
We should be worrying about the fancy sites on our rifles? I'd think there's probably much more danger to America having to depend on China to supply the basics of many of our prescription drugs. All you youngsters, (45 and younger?), are going to be needing a bunch of those in the next 40 years.

We should be worrying about the fancy sites on our rifles? I'd think there's probably much more danger to America having to depend on China to supply the basics of many of our prescription drugs. All you youngsters, (45 and younger?), are going to be needing a bunch of those in the next 40 years.
I'm a doomsday prepper, I have an underground vault filled with those little blue pills and blue mountain dew. I will be ready.

Warning, tin foil hats are worn by this OP. Yes different types of tinfoil hats, for different types of tin foil hat needs!

I've been thinking a lot about why? Why would the Chinese, who do not allow private ownership of firearms, allow there countries manufacturers make and sell millions of firearm products to the US?

It doesn't make much sense to me. Why would they allow this?

Unless…

Its by design.

What if, by design, these optics are made in a way that allowed for a kill switch or would die at the most minor hit of an EMP?

Its made me think hard about the options I've been using on firearms I consider defense tools.

How many have adopted, inexpensive but reliable sight options that are made in China? Many, many have.

Out of those, how many are equipped with some form of backup option?

Do you trust your Chinese made sight in the event we go to war with China?

It reminds me of that Japanese quote, a gun behind every blade of grass. Well, what if China figured out they can get some advantage out of equipping all of those guns, or a good chunk of them, with optics they may have an easy way to kill?

Anyways, that's enough mental masturbation for one day.

What do you think, is a war with China survivable using the tools they basically made for us against them? Or do you think like me, that this might be by design, they are "allowing" their manufacturers to equip us with inferior products as some form of advantage?

Reno
Will this EMP destroy my etched reticle as well?

Yes, all must know that with that setup you will make Tom Clancy shiver in his boots. James Bond will say "Pretty nysh" as he slaps you on the back and winks, and covert agencies around the globe will seek you out to perform independent contracting duties knowing that you, the buyer of this optic, hold the key which will open the door to successful objectives with no risk of capture.

Another bonus is it tells you where all the best Happy Dragon restaurants are located so you may feast after eliminating your target and completing the mission. Discreet, effective, and oh so laser-ey.
I'm waiting for the 2.0 version with the Asian massage finder.;):D

Mea culpa regarding Meopta. They do indeed offer red dots.

Screen Shot 2021-11-01 at 2.15.52 PM.png
Screen Shot 2021-11-01 at 2.16.11 PM.png

I've had a couple Chinesium rifle dots - and I have a Chinesium Holosun 507K on my carry pistol.

Vortex, Sig, and Holosun do make a relaible red dot. Their pistol RDS are on par reliability wise as the Trijicon products. Holosun does offer things that no other pistol RDS maker does - namely thru reticles, better shake-awake tech, and the solar panel on some of their offerings.

If you have astigmatism - sadly the Holosun sights offer reticle options that work better for astigmatism than plain dots. I found the circle-dot and chevron style reticles work better for my eyes, than a single dot. Trijicon offers a solid triangle, but the single chevron is better, at least to me ala the Primary Arms ACSS Vulcan reticle on the Holosun 508. The EO Tech type reticle offered on a variety of their sights likewise is easier for my crappy eyes, than a single 2MOA or 6MOA dot.

Aimpoint only offers single dots. Trijicon only has single dots or the triangle.

As loathe as I am to keep supporting China - for my new Walther, I'm probably going to put a Holosun 508T on it because neither Aimpoint or Trijicon offer a sight that works as well for my eyes. Leupold's Delta Point Pro likewise only offers a single dot sight.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top