JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Most of the Chinese produced optics are from businesses owned by Americans. They just produce them over seas for labor costs. It's not like the Chinese government is producing these parts and selling them to the American people.

To those saying all Chinese optics are crap, you might want to avoid some of the best low priced optics available today produced by Vortex, Holosun, Sig, Riton, Primary Arms, etc. Any responses to this message are typed on a phone or computer made in China, remember that.
I do avoid all those. And you're right, most devices are made in China. But I'm not trying to defend my life with them either.

You could always buy Eotech, but unlike those Chinese optics they actively betrayed our military. And Vortex, Primary Arms, Sig, Riton also make home-grown optics that are quite nice.
I run Trijicon, Leupold and Burris. The FF3 is made in the Philippines.

Post counts are off, there must be one of those China defending trolls on my ignore list.

I'm sure the "hey, your (insert electronic device here) is made in China. You should just throw up your arms and give in to buying EVERYTHING in your life from China." argument has been given.

I never understood why that's ok in peoples minds.

Post counts are off, there must be one of those China defending trolls on my ignore list.

I'm sure the "hey, your (insert electronic device here) is made in China. You should just throw up your arms and give in to buying EVERYTHING in your life from China." argument has been given.

I never understood why that's ok in peoples minds.
Wise observation good sir. :)

The Chinese will make whatever you want at whatever price point you specify. You want a rifle scope that costs you $10? They can do it but it will probably cost them $4 to make. But they are also capable of making precision items if you're willing to pay for it and they're getting better every day.

One thing to watch is that in order to produce an item there, you must release all the blueprints and technical information to them. They say it's so they can be sure it's safe for their industry to make. Chief complaint is that it allows them to steal technology and have you pay for it.

Bottom line: Lots of cheap crap for sale because that is what American wholesalers want to sell. They will make whatever you want at whatever price point you specify. I only have one rifle scope that is made in China and I plan to dump it soon. It's actually a pretty good scope (Weaver) for the money but it's the principle of it.

By the way, sort of unrelated, has anyone seen the Chinese Navy J-35 Stealth fighter? Side by side with our F-35, I cannot tell the difference.

Warning, tin foil hats are worn by this OP. Yes different types of tinfoil hats, for different types of tin foil hat needs!

I've been thinking a lot about why? Why would the Chinese, who do not allow private ownership of firearms, allow there countries manufacturers make and sell millions of firearm products to the US?

It doesn't make much sense to me. Why would they allow this?

Unless…

Its by design.

What if, by design, these optics are made in a way that allowed for a kill switch or would die at the most minor hit of an EMP?

Its made me think hard about the options I've been using on firearms I consider defense tools.

How many have adopted, inexpensive but reliable sight options that are made in China? Many, many have.

Out of those, how many are equipped with some form of backup option?

Do you trust your Chinese made sight in the event we go to war with China?

It reminds me of that Japanese quote, a gun behind every blade of grass. Well, what if China figured out they can get some advantage out of equipping all of those guns, or a good chunk of them, with optics they may have an easy way to kill?

Anyways, that's enough mental masturbation for one day.

What do you think, is a war with China survivable using the tools they basically made for us against them? Or do you think like me, that this might be by design, they are "allowing" their manufacturers to equip us with inferior products as some form of advantage?

Reno
I think they sell them, and pretty much anything else you can think of, to make $.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top