JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Several years ago, I bought two Chinese shotguns at BiMart. I was looking for something really inexpensive for my neighbor. These fit the bill at something like $150 each. They appear to be copies of the Remington 870 pump. One is a 12 GA and the other is a 20 GA. They are heavy as heck and were made by the One Lung Gone and the Some Yung Guy companies out of Youlickmine China. I have never fired either of them. I ended up keeping both of them after my neighbor became "star struck" by my handguns and decided he wanted a Glock. The barrel on the 12 bore was too long so it has been shortened. My question is: are these things any good? I want to get rid of the 12 GA, but don't want to peddle it to someone who will have problems with it. I don't think of this gun as being a field gun as much as I see it as a home defense weapon or club at the very least.

I also bought one a couple years ago, "Hawk" brand or something, think it was $140. I haven't used it enough to really try it out, but it seems pretty solid.

I noticed that mine seemed heavy too. I got messing with the stock set and comparing it with a Remington to see what was interchangeable, and found that it's the dense, heavy plastic stock set on them that adds so much weight.

Here's a funny bit of info for anyone who was into guns back in the '80s and early '90s. Remember Norinco? Apparently these guns are made by one of their subsidiaries.

Back around 2005 or so the Chinese version of the lever action 12g 1887 Winchester lever shot gun made a Big Splash in the cowboy action matches I attended. I was interested in buying one until it became too obvious to ignore, that of the dozen or so I knew about locally, too many issues to be satisfactory for main match guns.

Some years earlier, China marketed a clone of the 1932 Walther Olympic 22LR pistol that just enchanted me.

I bought one and ran a couple thousand rounds through it in short order.
Perhaps "near clone" is more correct; there was a butt-fit edge running from the slide down to the bottom of the frame just behind the trigger. It began seeping lubricant, and became ever more IN-accurate as the round count mounted. I still liked the configuration of the model, but after a few years of being totally impervious to remedy by actual professional gunsmiths, I got out of the Chinese gun consumer market.

Good luck.

Last Edited:
I also bought one a couple years ago, "Hawk" brand or something, think it was $140. I haven't used it enough to really try it out, but it seems pretty solid.

I noticed that mine seemed heavy too. I got messing with the stock set and comparing it with a Remington to see what was interchangeable, and found that it's the dense, heavy plastic stock set on them that adds so much weight.

Here's a funny bit of info for anyone who was into guns back in the '80s and early '90s. Remember Norinco? Apparently these guns are made by one of their subsidiaries.
Norinco is Red China's primary arms manufacturer. They make an exact copy of the old M-14 that is only available in Canada. Norinco has been under a U.S. arms embargo for years and as a result, I can't buy one! It's about $500 Canadian.

Chinchester 1897s were good/ok for SASS (if you got the right generation).

BUT, truthfully.....I haven't seen one in awhile. Most of the ones that I see now a days are real Winchester 1897s. Hummmm......

Aloha, Mark

Norinco is Red China's primary arms manufacturer. They make an exact copy of the old M-14 that is only available in Canada. Norinco has been under a U.S. arms embargo for years and as a result, I can't buy one! It's about $500 Canadian.

There is a good reason why that happened.

But.......whatever. CCP is our/your/America's Friend? Cough, cough.....

Aloha, Mark

PS...The Norinco M-14 is NOT an exact copy. Then, for those that don't know or have forgotten their history.

U.S. Seizes Assault Arms as Smuggling by China Is Probed

Last Edited:
I have a Hawk, given to me by another member to rebuild.
He put thousands of shells through it, competing in 3-gun. Lost a part in a take down and decided he didn't want to mess with it, since he had a new toy.
Solid, heavy, gets the job done.
You wouldn't know the one I have had been shot so much except for the dings to the furniture. Almost all parts are interchangable with the 870, but not the barrels.

I have a Hawk, given to me by another member to rebuild.
He put thousands of shells through it, competing in 3-gun. Lost a part in a take down and decided he didn't want to mess with it, since he had a new toy.
Solid, heavy, gets the job done.
You wouldn't know the one I have had been shot so much except for the dings to the furniture. Almost all parts are interchangable with the 870, but not the barrels.
Very interesting! Now I need to open the safe and see if it is indeed a Hawk. Film at eleven.

They are heavy as heck and were made by the One Lung Gone and the Some Yung Guy companies out of Youlickmine China.

Yes, I believe the heavy metal used in those came from the same foundry tied to problems in the aviation industry.

Why not just keep them? Cheap pump guns can be very useful if you decide to reload and need something cheap to test out your reloads. Or for playing with modified shells such as wax slugs.

Why not just keep them? Cheap pump guns can be very useful if you decide to reload and need something cheap to test out your reloads. Or for playing with modified shells such as wax slugs.
At my age, I no longer hunt ducks or other waterfowl. My pheasant hunting days are almost over and I only need one shotgun to make a "crowd" out of an intruder. There's a lot of guys that simply don't have the extra income to be able to buy a shotgun for home defense and we are living in a time when home invaders have become very bold. With a shotgun, they will become very dead.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top