JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I picked up this lever action carbine for my son at WalMart the other day. There are no markings on the barrel and I'm wondering if it will safely chamber +P ammunition. I will use the lower power rounds at the range, but I'm hoping to be able to use something with a little more stopping power for SD situations and SHTF scenarios.

I swear by Corky's corks for SD and SHTF they hit hard. I wouldnt go straight to the +P though I would build up to it. Just remember to be careful, cuz you could SHOOT YOUR EYE OUT WITH THAT THING.

Just go straight to the +P! You might as well see what she can handle right off the bat. If she blows up in your face, your hideous disfigurement will certainly be enough to scare off a few bad guys. And if not, maybe they will let you join their gang.

Try some synthetic corks - I hear they work just like dum-dum bullets. (and they're banned in Portugal, maybe because of this fact)

(You'll want to drink enough wine to get a really good SHTF supply of these - see this thread for guidance on how much to drink)

I'd suggest installing a large scope and a bipod.

Yup. To be effective in the SD role, it NEEDS several picatinny rails. Don't short yourself---without rails it's difficult to mount up the things you may need. Scope, bipod, laser, flashlight, all the "must have" tools for SD. Let's not start the hot glue vs. two sided sticky tape arguement again---that one has been beaten to death.

I contacted the ATF about the flash suppressor. Apparently, this gun is so dangerous that it is actually regulated by the consumer products safety commission. The orange flash suppressor is part of the importation requirements. They told me that I could remove it completely or replace with a different color after importation, but would not provide a statement in writing. I would suggest all of you purchase one before the gun grabbers convince Obama to have the ATF review these under 922r and the prices go through the roof.

I considered purchasing one with factory rails, but decided to go with the lever action receiver (even though it isn't actually a functional part of the gun) because it has a more "sporting" look just in case the DA wants to wave in front of a jury.

I considered purchasing one with factory rails, but decided to go with the lever action receiver (even though it isn't actually a functional part of the gun) because it has a more "sporting" look just in case the DA wants to wave in front of a jury.

That was good thinking but it is still an "evil black rifle" so you may consider coating the whole rifle. I consider the Krylon coating system to be the best on the market for durability.

Hey - I went to the store to pick one of those up since they are so tacticool and noticed that they all have the same serial number - I had to buy 5 or 6 spares before the ATF bans importation with all of the duplicate SNs and evil features. Now the question remains - do I wait for the ban and sell high or keep em and go on a crime spree. I'll just wear gloves and drop the gun at the scene - good luck tracking it.

Also - deadeye - I thought we went over this before - the Krylon coating system lacks quick color change abilities and you may be targeted by "huffers" breaking in to steal your coating just so they can get high. If you use Tempera Paint you can quickly wash it off allowing you plausible denyability if there were any cameras in the area. JMO - take it or leave it.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top