JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Got an offer on a Fobus R1911 holster and 4500 mag pouch. Fake. They are going back. Those that arrived had no logo, the wrong rivets (which were loose) and were not properly marked or constructed in other ways. Since the PRC is copying everything, here is a helpful website with a partial list of counterfeits. You can add your own report to their database.

Amazon is sprinkled with this stuff too. Best method I've found is to visit the OEM site and ask if it's valid or counterfeit. Another good check is to look at the sellers too. Company name might appear legit but when you click on its info it'll list a location in china.

Amazon is sprinkled with this stuff too. Best method I've found is to visit the OEM site and ask if it's valid or counterfeit. Another good check is to look at the sellers too. Company name might appear legit but when you click on its info it'll list a location in china.
Utterly amazing, the amount of firearms related fakery. In addition to Fobus, EOTech, Leupold, MagLULA, PointBlank body armor(!!!), LaserMax, Streamlight, Insight Technologies, you name it, are dumped in the US. In many cases, American companies sending manufacturing to China was only shooting themselves in the foot, as the rip offs detract from legit sales and reputation. Have an MSD ignition on your Camaro? Better check it! Ammunition next? Market demand is the mother of fakers.

A Chinese IIIA vest? No thank you!

This is one of the main reasons I prefer to do my fun shopping at local stores even if it's a few bucks higher than amazon's list. At least I know I am getting a valid product vs a clone. Plus it keeps money local too which is good.

Should see me buying online it's like I'm thoroughly vetting each listing and researching back to the manufacturer while internally debating should I/shouldn't I?.

Amazon is sprinkled with this stuff too.

Yep, there's a lot of stuff I won't order from them for that reason. I'm not sure I've ever ordered gun stuff from them anyway, We need to keep our money within the pro-gun community as much as we can. I always support our local shops when I can (or an online gun retailer if I can't).

Utterly amazing, the amount of firearms related fakery. In addition to Fobus, EOTech, Leupold, MagLULA, PointBlank body armor(!!!), LaserMax, Streamlight, Insight Technologies, you name it, are dumped in the US. In many cases, American companies sending manufacturing to China was only shooting themselves in the foot, as the rip offs detract from legit sales and reputation. Have an MSD ignition on your Camaro? Better check it! Ammunition next? Market demand is the mother of fakers.

Don't forget Trijicon! Some of the fakes are so good these days, you'd have to disassemble them (or use them on a gun :s0112: ) to tell them apart.

Checking with Fobus now to see if they offer a 'poor old broke down LEO' discount.

I need something that I can rely on; something secure and faster than what I have. Seattle trips and all.

This is one of the main reasons I prefer to do my fun shopping at local stores even if it's a few bucks higher than amazon's list. At least I know I am getting a valid product vs a clone. Plus it keeps money local too which is good.

Should see me buying online it's like I'm thoroughly vetting each listing and researching back to the manufacturer while internally debating should I/shouldn't I?.
I would love to, but I have so little immune system - it is intentionally suppressed to keep it from killing me - that online is pretty much my bailiwick for the time being. Costs more, but I'll bite the holster and buy from Fobus. I cannot imagine the number of citizens, even worse, LEOs (due to daily exposure) who are carrying fakes.

A Chinese IIIA vest? No thank you!
Some of the fakes are actually real. For example, sometimes the counterfeit is just run from another shift that the parent company isn't aware of. So the fakes are really only fake to the parent company losing raw material.

I sometimes go out of my way to deliberately buy counterfeit gun gear. A lot of items (like those with no moving parts) are perfectly functional and way cheaper than the originals. An example that comes to mind is some fake magazine grip sleeves I bought to use my G19 mags in my chopped Glock - they were something like 4 bucks a piece, which is great compared to the $15 price tag of the "real" ones.

I sometimes go out of my way to deliberately buy counterfeit gun gear. A lot of items (like those with no moving parts) are perfectly functional and way cheaper than the originals. An example that comes to mind is some fake magazine grip sleeves I bought to use my G19 mags in my chopped Glock - they were something like 4 bucks a piece, which is great compared to the $15 price tag of the "real" ones.
I guess that's understandable. Saving money is saving money, but my take on that is for every Chinese (or other sneaky, idea stealing country) knock off that is purchased, some hard working American business person, that paid for all the R&D and took the risk to run a legitimate business has just lost a sale. I know not every sale is that simple, but that's how I feel and how it helps me to buy OEM.

Back in the 80's, my Aunt was a well known artist in the "designer Teddy Bear" biz. She and my mother had a small shop with 4 or 5 employees and they handmade each of these bears and sold them to collectors. They got a an order from China and were pretty excited because it was supposed to lead to a large market overseas. They got it put together and shipped off and in less than 6 months, there was a flood of teddy bears from said country that were identical to theirs right up to the labels being autographed by my Aunt. Not only did their bear company lose the sales, but collectors that unknowingly bought the Chinese versions found out they were cheaply machine made and assumed my Aunt had shipped her manufacturing out of country. They lost the business shortly thereafter. I try to just buck up and buy local if possible and if not available local at least something I know is legit. Just my .02...

Seems the title should be renamed to "Chinese Countersh¡ts"

Leana Wen.jpeg
Leana Wen. Google her. She's a hoot.

You can't trust the reviews on Amazon either. Many of them are fake. Free stuff for five stars.

I've taken to buying anything that matters, which includes being pretty much all gun stuff, direct from the oem.

After AWS pulled that stunt with Parler, I tried not buying from Amazon for a month to see if I could do it. I'm well past a month now and it's going very well. I'll use them to locate an item with good reviews (you learn to spot fake reviews pretty quickly). Then I look up the manufacturer and order directly from them. Since I like buying stuff made in the U.S., I usually get my order within a few days. It seems like more places are offering free shipping these days too. And I don't get counterfeits anymore.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top