JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
These pictures have been going around for years. Clinton banned Chicom ammo years ago, and AFAIK they never made any 44 Mag in the first place. Most likely an overcharge of a fast-burning powder.

These pictures have been going around for years. Clinton banned Chicom ammo years ago, and AFAIK they never made any 44 Mag in the first place. Most likely an overcharge of a fast-burning powder.

Didn't realize that. This is the first time I have seen this picture. It is however "instructional". :cool:

I did see a rather impressive kaboom many years ago when I worked for Hodgdon Powder Co. At that time we also owned and indoor shooting range next door called The Bullet Hole. A guy came in with a brand new Colt Python and some hand loads. The first shot blew out the firing cylinder and the sides of the two adjacent cylinders. The top strap was standing straight up.

He later said he wanted to be able to load "hotter stuff" than he could get in factory loads. He bought a press and some dies and components, but figured he didn't need to waste his money on a scale or manual. He took .357 Mag casings and dipped them full to the top with Unique and seated a 158 gr JHP on top of them. Can you say "compressed load"? :s0054:

When I worked at Hodgdon Powder Co. our ballistician at the time had 4 or 5 rifles and shotguns that had blown up from various issues that he kept around to impress upon people the importance of following the reloading manual, weighing all your charges, and making sure the muzzle wasn't blocked. The most impressive one was where some one put a 20 ga. shell in a 12 ga. and then later touched off a 12 ga. shell behind it. if you've seen the cartoons where they show the barrel looking like a banana peel, they aren't too far off.

<broken link removed>

Classic fail, this idiot tries to take credit for the fu:
<broken link removed>

Looks like this dog has been rode hard and put up wet more than a couple times on the interweeb

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top