JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Lost count of how many American companies have been gobbled up by them, but they now own GE.

Some may not care but I'm old enuff to
Appreciate how America became a world leader, and now for the last 7yrs we've been leading from BEHIND thanks to you know who.

Hopen to live Long enuff to see us lead again. And by the way us do drive American cars and make the effort to investigate and buy products made in the USA.

After all LET'S DO OUR PART TO MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN!

"Lost count of how many American companies have been gobbled up by them"

In all fairness, companies are bought because it benefits both the buyers and the sellers. If it didn't do that, there wouldn't be a sale.

Companies relocate because of the hostile regulatory climate and because labor costs are high here (which in turn is due to things like heavy taxation). If we had a free market in this country, there would be no need to relocate.

When I came to Oregon in 1976, I was recruited from California. Hard to believe now but that company (Floating Point Systems) was recruiting engineers from all over the country, all the way to the east coast. These days Oregon government does everything they can to drive companies out. Then they say they are doing it to "help" us. We don't need that kind of "help".

Lost count of how many American companies have been gobbled up by them, but they now own GE.

Appreciate how America became a world leader, and now for the last 7yrs we've been leading from BEHIND thanks to you know who.

Hopen to live Long enuff to see us lead again. And by the way us do drive American cars and make the effort to investigate and buy products made in the USA.

well that won't happen when all the kids want free shirt and will vote for Bernie has anyone actually been to his website man it's Fing scary he is a admitted comunist says so on his site 90% tax rate oh boy .And second amendment gone 1st amendment gone unless it's the elite making the statemnets we are so screwed if a conservative non politician does not get elected

In a perfect world it would be great to buy an American vehicle and sulute the flag and all, but having owned 50+ cars and trucks in my life I have to say the vehicles built with innovation that worked and of high quality were definitely not American.

Last Edited:

Wait. What's more American?

Your Chevy with it's Mexican motor and Canadian transmission?
Or my Nissan Titan made in Georgia?

The lines are blurred. And it's the American companies that have done it!

So If they seek the best quality for the lowest price.
So will I!

I work in the appliance industry, and I can say that everyone at my shop is happy that Electrolux did not end up getting GE Appliances. We are a self-servicing dealer, so we have to be able to service everything we sell. my service techs don't like working on Electrolux products, especially their refrigerators, due to known design flaws and difficulty with certain aspects of the units. I wish that an American company would have picked up GE, but we have to take what we can get. That being said, GE will continue to manufacture most of their appliances here in the states, using 70-90% American made parts. My recommendation if you are purchasing GE products is get the upper end stuff (GE Profile for example) because it is going to be a Mission One product, meaning that it was built in Louisville, KY with those American made parts. If anyone needs kitchen or laundry appliance info, feel free to PM me and I will help in any way I can.

I bought an Electrolux dishwasher and the drain sensor (I think) failed twice and after that I was given a new dishwasher and have had zero issues in the last 6yrs. It is super quiet and does an excellent job on the dishes. It was over $1000 but we'll worth it...best washer I have ever owned.

Well, they most definitely were not Chinese, either.
True. I looked at some of those Chinese electric cars at a dealer in Portlandia and they had all the quality of a highschool metal shop project with its mig welded square tube frame and ill fitting sheet metal.

My '06 Harley-Davidson, as beautiful as it is, and with the exception of the aftermarket LED tail-light and Mustang seat has all "genuine HD" accessory upgrades.... all stamped "made in China" somewhere in them.

:confused:

image.jpg image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews