JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Here's an exchange from a computer forum concerning the recent Apple defeat of Samsung in a patent lawsuit:

Pat
Friday, August 24, 2012 - 9:37 pm · Reply

[I'm] Very much Chinese and respectful towards our American friends who’s Country we will own soon.
Enough with the niceties. America is morally and financially bankrupt and by the way South Korea is the 3rd largest lender to the US hence the huge investments South Korean companies make in the USA. Hyundai, KIA, Samsung etc…

Zeke
Saturday, August 25, 2012 - 1:16 am · Reply

So Pat, what do you suppose would happen if the US simply said, “We’re broke. We’re not paying our debts. Buzz off!”?

Surely you aren’t crazy enough to believe that the Chinese or anyone else are going to repossess anything by force. You do understand how that would turn out, don’t you?

How do you think that would turn out? What scenario would you be preparing for should the Chinese start threatening to "foreclose"?

I say we give em California, New York, New Jersey and Illinois. Seems a fair trade to me.

How about we just give them all of those who believe in entitlements, the illegal aliens, our politicians and banksters, since the politicians borrowed from them for the entitlement people and their our benefit along witht he illegas who sucking up free medical care and getting tax return money and not paying into the system.

I was going to say give them all of communistic laws but hey their laws are more socilistic than ours so, we can just dissolve them all and live by the Constitution.

Then we could go off and do our thing would not have to prep for coming disasters from within.

Well one thing is for sure. Peter Schiff nailed it. When the globalists successfully level the playing field and turn the US into a third world hellhole, a Chinese slave will be living a lot better; with a much improved standard of living.

While you are clubbing a rat for dinner, that former slave will be sipping a margarita and watching a reality TV show.

I love Peter and his analogies. Nothing more true, but funny at the same time. Americans tricked a billion Chinese into painting our fence for us and paying us for the privilege.

In the global economy, Americans are not the victims, the Chinese are; they are getting useless little slips of paper (treasuries/digits) backed by nothing flying off a printing press in exchange for real goods and services.

We believed with our bloated debt Ponzi service/consumer economy that we could compete with a dollar-a-day slave forever. Well that house of cards is coming down soon.

In terms of the global economic train we are the caboose and we are about to be cut loose.

Last edited by a moderator:
i've played that game. it's called fallout 3.

Bingo!!!

The US has a couple dozen SSBNs scattered around the world. They are undetectable and nobody knows their exact positions or patrol routes. Each one carries enough firepower to take out all the major cities in a country like China. Their missiles are already targeted. Wanna play chicken?

A very good read: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Bear_and_the_Dragon

Substitute the US for the USSR and it plays the same.

BTW, when I was a sub sailor there were two classes of ships: Submarines and Targets

it's interesting that people think China or any other country has to foreclose on us to crash our economy....

all that needs to happen is for them to stop lending altogether...

people don't realize that we are a country dependent on credit... our debt will soon be larger than our GDP... no different from a household making 40K spending 60K a year and paying minimum on that 100K credit card loan...

MBS (mortgage backed securities) were fed by chinese and overseas money parked in the US. when they simply stopped buying (they didn't even have to try to get their money back)... the housing market and the US economy with it crashed and went into a recession...

that's just foreign money pulling out of one specific segment... if they pulled out of everything that would be it...

imagine no more imports...

no dock worker jobs (mostly union wages), markedly reduced jobs in retail, transportation and to a degree export industries...

we export products and they don't pay us back (they charge against our debt)
no TV's, no ipads, no laptops, no cheap shoes, no cheap clothes, no cheap nothing...

unfortunately it's not that far off from happening... the US either cuts spending very soon and goes into a controlled recession (like they do in TV where people get debt intervention) for several decades (that's right decades) or we go out in a huge crash and bang...

anybody that thinks I'm out of line, just do your own research... I don't need to prove anything...

and by the way what am I doing about it? nothing... it's not fixable... so no sense worrying about it... even stashing gold will only work for so long...

As for the last line, something is better than nothing (on a personal level). Some effort better than nothing. What I tell friends (that, of course, don't listen lol) - at a minimum have everything you need where if you had to not leave your house at all for 90 days you could. Even if utilities/water were no longer functioning.

Of course, only about .05% of Americans would meet that criteria. Three cans of tuna and some soda pop and they think they are set. Most will simply lose their minds when their pharm drugs, Facebook and Twitter stop working. No TV except the government propaganda alert channel to keep you company.

The next time you see a female age 14-24 sitting alone in a public place, just watch for a minute. Their face and attention will never leave that mobile device screen - type type type. People are such fragile creatures, always requiring affirmation that someone cares about them, that they are not alone.

My greatest strength is that although I socialize a lot (in person!), when I am alone I am hardly ever 'lonely.' I love solitude and couldn't possibly imagine a "honey, I'm home' situation. That is just the way I am and am very thankful for it. Most people if isolated from others for just 3-4 days would start breaking down emotionally (that is why there are 'holes'/solitary in prisons. Even most brutes weaken when isolated just for a short while.

Those weak minded people will suffer greatly when all the toys and so-called friends are gone. When no one cares about them at all; all other people will care about is their own survival. That is why I say being mentally prepared for all that is coming is the most important step. To break through Normalcy Bias and come to terms with the fact that no, junior will not be going to a four year college, you won't be having a wonderful retirement, etc, etc.

Then, as always, try to enjoy life in the here and now because these are the last of the good times.

As for the last line, something is better than nothing (on a personal level). Some effort better than nothing. What I tell friends (that, of course, don't listen lol) - at a minimum have everything you need where if you had to not leave your house at all for 90 days you could. Even if utilities/water were no longer functioning.

I agree with your statement... to clarify by doing nothing, I mean doing nothing to stop the economy's eventual slide... there is simply nothing an individual at this point can do other than to prepare themselves and family with knowledge and backup supplies...

but unfortunately it will take a politician with an iron stomach to fix this problem, and I don't see anybody on the horizon who can tackle this head on...

Just silliness and nothing more. World finance is much more complex than suggested here.

you are right it is very complex, but what cannot be denied is our country is spending 30% more than what it knows it will make year after year... anybody knows that cannot be sustained... you cannot keep relying on borrowed money without a plan to pay that back ever... (principal)... we currently borrow money to pay our debt... folks do this with credit cards... we all know how it ends for them...

2012 United States federal budget - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

the crash will not happen overnight... it will be a slow process... it is already happening to a degree...

it starts with loss of purchasing power... a household just isn't able to buy what it used to last year... less than a decade ago gas was 1$ a gallon... now it's 4$.

China won't be immune, neither will the rest of the world... they all depend on us to buy their exports... but in the end, they will do okay because they make things... all we do now is consume, as much and as fast as we can... and these countries are used to poverty, the people will just go back to their old ways... in America, there is no old ways.. this current population has grown up with entitlement brainwashed into their psyche... we have a population that has been told it is their birth right to have free stuff... and it is not their fault... the media and the government to a degree have convinced them that is the truth...

the ultimate clincher that will indicate the point of no return, is if and when the US$ stops becoming the world's reserve currency... that is very very unlikely to happen soon despite China's and Russia's efforts... but at some point our dollar becomes worthless that it loses respect, then it stops becoming a world currency... (the FED RESERVE keeps printing money and in effect dilutes the value of the bills in your pocket right now) ---- it won't be due to China... it will be due to the US govt.

the US is just like the big banks... we have become too big to fail... if we fail, a lot of foreign governments will lose a big chunk of their investment/holdings... so as much as possible, there will be an effort to keep the cycle going.. but even credit card companies reach a point when they realize a person cannot even meet their minimum payments... and that's when they stop lending...

if you can imagine yourself living with a tenth of the income you have right now, you probably will be ok... assuming there is stuff you can actually buy.. it won't be an apocalyptic situation by any means... it will be just llike any third world country... if you haven't been to one, take a trip and see what is headed our way... there will be the very rich and the very poor and a very small and insignificant middle class...

I agree with your statement... to clarify by doing nothing, I mean doing nothing to stop the economy's eventual slide... there is simply nothing an individual at this point can do other than to prepare themselves and family with knowledge and backup supplies...

but unfortunately it will take a politician with an iron stomach to fix this problem, and I don't see anybody on the horizon who can tackle this head on...

A politician who would 'take this on' could not be pre-selected/elected. All national politicians of importance are pre-selected by the banking elite families. The one that slipped through the cracks because of overwhelming popularity and money was JFK. He attempted to kill the central bank and repeal the Federal Reserve Act and was murdered for it by the banksters.

There is no political answer because any politician that somehow would get elected and attempted to do the same would also be immediately taken out. The USA is a corporation, literally, and is run by a hidden board of Oligarch/directors, not some puppet Pres or other politician cardboard standee.

I completely agree with you that it is a total lost cause at this point in terms of anything but personal, individual preparation.

No one said it better than George Carlin:

"It's never going to get any better, don't look for it. Be happy with what you've got. Because the owners of this country don't want that. I'm talking about the real owners now, the big, wealthy, business interests that control all things and make the big decisions.

Forget the politicians, they're irrelevant.

Politicians are put there to give you that idea that you have freedom of choice. You don't. You have no choice. You have owners. They own you. They own everything. They own all the important land, they own and control the corporations, and they've long since bought and paid for the Senate, the Congress, the State Houses, and the City Halls. They've got the judges in their back pockets. And they own all the big media companies so they control just about all the news and information you get to hear.

They've got you by the balls.

They spend billions of dollars every year lobbying to get what they want. Well, we know what they want; they want more for themselves and less for everybody else. But I'll tell you what they don't want—they don't want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking.

They don't want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They're not interested in that. That doesn't help them. That's against their interest. You know something, they don't want people that are smart enough to sit around their kitchen table and figure out how badly they're getting bubblegumed by a system that threw them overboard 30 bubbleguming years ago.

They don't want that, you know what they want?

They want obedient workers, obedient workers. People who are just smart enough to run the machines and do the paperwork and just dumb enough to passively accept all these increasingly bubblegumtier jobs with the lower pay, the longer hours, the reduced benefits, the end of overtime and the vanishing pension that disappears the minute you go to collect it.

And now they're coming for your social security money.

They want your bubbleguming retirement money; they want it back so they can give it to their criminal friends on Wall Street.

And you know something? They'll get it. They'll get it all from you sooner or later because they own this bubbleguming place.

It's a big club and you ain't in it! You and I are not in the Big Club. By the way, it's the same big club they use to beat you in the head with all day long when they tell you what to believe. All day long beating you over the head with their media telling you what to believe, what to believe, what to think and what to buy.

The table is tilted folks, the game is rigged.

Nobody seems to notice, nobody seems to care. Good honest hard working people, white collar, blue collar, it doesn't matter what color shirt you have on. Good honest hard working people continue, these are people of modest means, continue to elect these rich cocksuckers who don't give a bubblegum about them. They don't give a bubblegum about you. They don't give a bubblegum about...give a bubblegum about you! They don't care about you at all, at all, at all.

And nobody seems to notice, nobody seems to care.
That's what the owners count on, the fact that Americans are and will probably remain willfully ignorant of the big red, white, and blue dick that's being jammed up their bubblegums everyday.

Because the owners of this country know the truth, it's called the American Dream, because you have to be asleep to believe it."

unfortunately it's not that far off from happening... the US either cuts spending very soon and goes into a controlled recession (like they do in TV where people get debt intervention) for several decades (that's right decades) or we go out in a huge crash and bang...

The people are not going to give up their Starbucks, or Big Macs. I have yet to see a reduction in the lines at these outlets no matter what the economy is alleged to hold. Nor have I seen the folks on gun boards reduce their consumption of fire arms and ammo.

Americans are adicted to spending and there is nothing that can be done about it except a complete economic collapse.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top