JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I installed a little sliding glass window for a coop door that I pull shut at night when it gets really cold. Also installed a ceramic lamp base that holds a 60 watt red bulb.

Make sure the roosting dowels are 1 1/2" in diameter (closet pole size) and think about how to access the nesting box (hinged lid on top) and for cleaning the main coop area.
I use a two gallon self filling pet watering bowel for them. Found it used at a rummage sale, sure beats the ones that they sell in the feed stores.

My two 3 year old Bard Rocks are now pets and if your plan is to have them for eggs only, don't give them names and get attached to them, because as soon as production slows down you need to replace them with a new flock.
It really doesn't save you any money, considering the cost of feed, but you can't beat the quality of the eggs.

Ducks will need a pool or something right?

OK so building the coop is just like building anything else.Figure out what you want it to look like and make sure there is access for cleaning.
But what do y'all find the best size for the nesting boxes?
I've seen 12"w X 9" h X 12"d and 12X12X12. Some say bigger is OK and some say don't want them too big,they like them cozy.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top