JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
My wife & I are planning on raising chickens for eggs. Does any one here, have some coop plans on PDF they would be willing to share. We are planning on having 4-6 hens.

Thank you!:s0155:

Go here and take a look at the forums they have plenty of pics to look at. I got my ideas from there for my chicken mansion:s0114: I will find a pic and post it up.

I've been thinking the same thing you are.However I'm not into building a coop so I've been looking in buying one.Just wonder if my yard is large enough.

Thin there are the city ordinances to worry about.

I have a Rubbermaid storage shed that I got on CL for most of my flock. 3-4 or the hens seem to like cramming themselves into a little house I made out of a ~40gallon black plastic pot with a door cut out and an old satellite dish on top. A couple of others use the plastic storage bin condo I made for them.

I suspect the Rubbermaid storage shed may get more crowded once the cold Gorge winds start blowing. Otherwise, chickens aren't too picky.

This is my next project . This is a no brainer if you have a little area in the back yard. A couple for eggs and the rest for friers.And if your area is like here,there are plenty of little critters for them to feed on.
The tractor coops seem to be the best idea as you may want to move it,if you don't have an established farm.

I've been thinking the same thing you are.However I'm not into building a coop so I've been looking in buying one.Just wonder if my yard is large enough.

Thin there are the city ordinances to worry about.

Check with the city. I've been looking into this for the spring and our city limits to 3 hens.

The Chicken Mahal - BackYard Chickens Community

This is the one I built. $20 for the well written plans and about $100 for the wood (I think it was that much). Nice and portable, the wife and I can walk it around the property with 6 chickens in it. Even in the cold of winter, we're getting 3+ eggs a day. Last year in the big, fixed coop we had, we were lucky to get 1 a day. The closeness of the top part keeps them fairly warm and comfy. I can email you the plans, if you want. PM me you email

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top