JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
The story has been updated now. At first it said the gun fell out and fired upon hitting the floor. Now the police say the gun was in the hand of the co-worker that was with the victim when it was fired.

Last Edited:
Another death that could have been prevented with firearms safety training in school. I feel for the kids and the woman who was actually trying to do better in life (least that has been my experience with the people who work for goodwill. They all honestly want to help themselves.

Sad story, but I think most of us chuckle when we hear "I dropped it and it just went off".

In Califonia they built a whole ridiculous mini industry intent on letting you only have guns that don't go off when you drop them.

Sad story, but I think most of us chuckle when we hear "I dropped it and it just went off".

In Califonia they built a whole ridiculous mini industry intent on letting you only have guns that don't go off when you drop them.

Does anybody remember the fairly recent incident that happened in a McDonalds ? A handgun fell out of this gals pocket while leaving with her boyfriend and did indeed fire . Turns out it was some cheap POS derringer and some gun gurus got their hands on one and found it to not have any safety device what so ever . When the hammer was down it was resting the firing pin on the cartride rim . Can never happen ? If man can build it someone can screw it up . Make it idiot proof and they will make a better idiot .

I feel sorry for the lady. But aren't people in Chicago not supposed to even know what a gun is beacause there are supposed to be no guns in Chicago. There is more to this story than being let out.

The scenario does sound a little strange to me:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-sock-accidentally-fired-sorted-clothing.html

Quote "The unidentified co-worker later told police that the accident happened after he found a sock with something in it. He emptied the sock and a .22-caliber handgun fell into his hand, immediately firing on impact, the Chicago Tribune reported."

Now does that sound a little too contrived? First we hear it fell on the floor, then it went off inside the sock, and now it was in his hand when it discharged through impact?

I trust that law enforcement handling this case will thoroughly check the relationship between the two co-workers, because it sound to me like maybe he shot her on purpose.

I'll accept that someone just might hide a loaded and cocked gun in a sock, forget it was there and manage to donate the sock (presumably in a box of clothing) without noticing the gun. Just. It's another step to accept that the gun was also faulty in a way that would cause it to fire on impact with a hand.

I'll be interested if we ever learn the make and model of the gun, becasue the manufacturer will be wanting to prove their guns cannot discharge merely through impact.

This does show that a .22 bullet can be just as deadly as a .45 if if hits in the right, or perhaps wrong, place.

Does anybody remember the fairly recent incident that happened in a McDonalds ? A handgun fell out of this gals pocket while leaving with her boyfriend and did indeed fire . Turns out it was some cheap POS derringer and some gun gurus got their hands on one and found it to not have any safety device what so ever . When the hammer was down it was resting the firing pin on the cartride rim . Can never happen ? If man can build it someone can screw it up . Make it idiot proof and they will make a better idiot .
I remember that incident, probably should have taken her to Burger King instead.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top