JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
If you read the news report in the OP, you will find the police didn't arrest the old man until they found out he had previously been convicted of a felony.
They arrested him for using a gun he didn't have a right to own under Illinois/Chicago law.

If I catch a perp in my house in the middle of the night, I will be armed.

Beyond that, I'll take your advice, since I can be assured I won't be arrested. :rolleyes:

I'm not saying I agree with the law- I'm just saying what it is because I don't like reading stories about decent law abiding people getting the governmental shaft because they never knew how the laws worked. The only reason I know what I do about Oregon law is because after taking my CHL course a few months back I have read as much about the Oregon deadly force laws as I could find specifically because of this. There is far more misinformation regarding when you can or can't employ deadly force I wanted to know for myself because in the unlikely event I have to shoot someone as a civilian I don't have any interest in going to jail for manslaughter- certainly not over any of my possessions.

I highly recommend this article- written by one of the trainers I have used as I have started into the world of concealed carry- there's a ton of good info and advice:
<broken link removed>

The prosecutors dismissed all charges.

"The judges and the lawyers conversed before I went to court and advised me the case was being dropped,’’ Wright said. "I’m happy about it."

"I still don’t appreciate them taking my weapon because I need one,’’ Wright said. "You, me or anybody else should be able to have some kind of protection. You have to be able to take care of yourself.”

“Some of these young people, they don’t know how to live,” the Army veteran said. “Or maybe they don’t want to live.”

"This is our living," he said last week, adding that he has had triple bypass surgery. "I'm going to be here. I'm not leaving. This is where I'm planning to stay."

Well, there goes his free healthcare, rent, barber visits, library, cabel TV, dental, etc., etc...

Unfortunately....he is now a target, and an unarmed target at that!

I can feel for the guy but why does he have two previous arrests for weapons charges - I would have done the same as he did but he is by no means an innocent individual - he has done something else to get to this point. This situation by itself would not have removed his rights to firearms. People do not realize the far reaching conseqeunces of ones actions and then cry it aint fair - they are picking on me.

James Ruby

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads