JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Haven't seen much in terms of discussion about the Rhino on here. I got my 60DS a few days ago, any other Rhino owners around?

1HdasDB.jpg

I've just seen pics, never held one in my hand. Very unique looking gun, I like it. Have you fired it yet? Does having the barrel fire from the bottom of the wheel really make a difference in the recoil?

I took it out yesterday and put about 60 rounds through it, half .38 special and half .357.

The .38 you barely even feel, feels no worse than a .22 handgun, the .357 feels about like a 9mm.

My step father and mother also fired it, with both the .38 and .357 and they had about the same impression, you barely even feel the .38 and there's almost no flip to either.

It also works with moon clips which some people didn't know, figured I'd point that out. I've never used moonclips before personally, so my first time trying them out (That is, having loaded two I tried some fancy quick reloading and switching from .38 to .357) I don't think I did too bad with a new gun I hadn't even had 50 rounds down at that point.

I tend to keep shooting low and to the left though, might need to adjust the sights slightly from how they came out of the factory.

17uey1r.jpg

I tend to keep shooting low and to the left though, might need to adjust the sights slightly from how they came out of the factory.

17uey1r.jpg

Try shooting from a sandbag or rest first... This chart is from the US Army marksmanship program and applies to semi-auto but should also apply to you wheel gun. Interesting pistol, they have me intrigued but I have never seen one personally.

correction_chart.gif

Yeah, will do. New gun, gotta get used to it of course it could have been all me. Next time I go shooting I'm bringing out a table and a proper stand for my target instead of just leaning it against a stump and we'll see how it goes.

I'd be all for any people that are interested in seeing how a Rhino handles to meet up and go out shooting, if they're ever in the area. (Provided you supply your own ammo or at least pitch in to pay for what gets used.)

Besides, it'd give me more excuses to go out shooting, myself. Haha.

How's the trigger? light or heavy? I have heard varying reports on build quality on these. What is your impression? I have been eyeing these for a while online.

Trigger's as heavy as it should be I guess. If the double action pull is too heavy for your taste you can always use single action which is short and light.

Update on my earlier post, I went out shooting again last weekend and sighted in a bit, ammo ran out before I really took my time sighting it though because of how fun it is to shoot and since I was letting everybody have a go at it. So that's nice. Only took one or two tries to get it sighted pretty well they even through in a handy little sight adjuster when you buy one new.

Offer still stands if anybody's in the area and wants to see how it handles feel free to PM me ;) as long as you pay for your own ammo I've got no problem letting on-the-fencers give it a shot.

I also am intrigued but I am afraid that if I fired the weapon in anything other than a range setting I would fry my thumb. (Old dog new tricks.) Also, while not exactly hideous it sure is homely.
The innovation is to be applauded. But from an appearance standpoint, "Homely" is being kind.

"Fugly" comes to mind. Regardless of the execution. They should at least do something about the grips.

I got a 40DS, I must be a wimp because 357 sure feels more like punching a cement wall than shooting a 9mm. :) Very light since its mostly billet aluminum. I love the little exhaust ports that shoot flames out the side.

by the way. the combination 357/9mm listed on their site does not exist. I had to call them to verify that. dont know why they dont update their website.

<broken link removed>

m8HDFpF.jpg

What kinds of .357 have you put through it? So far I've only shot Remington white/green box, cheap stuff.

Been trying to find something else for cheap but nowhere in town stocks anything but Remington, for 357.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top