JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Never had one. The idea of reducing recoil by their massive and innovative redesign is interesting. But I don't mind .357 recoil. And they don't make a .44mag, where recoil on smaller shorter lighter .44s is an issue for me. Enough so I stick to standard or larger .44 mags.
I have one, the 6" version (it's the revolver in my picture). I also had the misconception that it reduces recoil - that is actually not the case. There is no free lunch. Rather, it redirects it. Instead of flipping up, it pushes straight back into your wrist. Since it is lighter too, it has actually quite a viscious kick compared to a heavier 357 gun (my only point of comparison is a 6" Ruger Blackhawk, but as a "standard" weight 357 revolver I assume others are similar feeling). But, it does not disturb the sight picture anywhere near as much. With good practice you can basically have the sight barely move. Very effective in that regard.

Not sure what part of a Rhino is sintered "metal". I believe the frame is aluminum and the cylinder steel. Maybe the trigger parts would be "sintered" or MIM, but I doubt that has any impact on the strength of the frame or cylinder.
Indeed the frame is aluminum for light weight. The barrel/cylinder/rear plate are steel. By rear plate I mean there is a plate immediately behind the cylinder (breech face, I suppose) that the cartridge case is shoved into every time the gun is fired.

Fun gun, always draws interest at the range.

Last Edited:
I mean... I had a .22 Magnum revolver the guy next to me was shooting blow out the side, I ended up with a few pieces of it in the side of my face, and those were just store bought .22 magnum rounds.... So I mean, stuff happens I suppose. First time I've ever seen a Rhino exploded though, poor thing, now they're one step closer to being extinct.

The rhino is made from a solid block of ergal (an aluminum zinc alloy) which has been cnc machined. Unfortunately ergal is very prone to embrittlement.

Over time, changes in temperature and stress cause it to become brittle and snap. In the case of firearms or even automotive parts, that failure becomes catastrophic.

My two cents.

They're amazing guns, I just sold mine on here a couple days ago and I already sort of regret it, I wasn't aware they had a problem with construction materials. But I was an early adopter so I guess none of the long term affects had come to my attention

I dont own but shot Rhino a couple times, and their a pretty Sweet rig .

If look at the Pic. of mangled parts . The Cylinder is blown side wall . The Rhino's , Cylinder and Barrel is ' steel ' .If you ( DOUBLE CHARGE ) a Revolver you take your chances like any Darwin .
If you look at The alloy Frame that surrounds ( the Steel Barrel ) and barrels frame area, is looking pretty well intact in that area .

I never got the appeal. But to each their own.
1652999190597.jpeg

1652999275306.jpeg

I have a 5" Rhino in .40. Moonclips, man…in a Space Revolver. Almost no muzzle flip. 200 gr pills at about 725 fps on a plate rack. Or an IDPA course. Or an ICORE match.

Fun fun fun.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads