JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.
Reactions
Ad Type
  1. For Sale
Price
$1200
Manufacturer
Chiappa
Caliber
357 Magnum
City
Hermiston
State
Oregon
Zip Code
$1200 OBO adjusted for current market value.

I have decided it's about time to part with my beloved Rhino. I bought it brand new around 2014 when I was living in Central Oregon and had a place to go out target shooting, I only took it out a couple times and put at max 200-250 rounds split between .38sp and .357, all light loads you get off the shelf for cheap. I cleaned and oiled the gun every time it was fired and handled it like it was my baby. I moved years ago, and I haven't been able to go shooting since. So she's been sitting in her case neglected.

Not so much as a scratch on her, basically brand new, and will come with a decent quality red dot that I used twice. Red dot isn't factored into the price, it's just a freebie, I don't have anything that it'll fit and it's not worth enough to spend the time selling it separately. I got a drop of cleaning oil on the manual but it's only on the first page and just barely on the second.

These have rapidly become near impossible to find, you might be able to find one at an auction, but almost all dealers have been sold out for months to years with no sign of ever restocking. Beautifully designed with both form AND function, they handle like a dream and everybody at the range is going to comment on it. I'd love to keep her but I just have nowhere reasonably close to take her shooting so my loss is your gain.

If purchased in person, cash is acceptable. If done online and shipped, cashapp is preferred but Paypal is available. Send me a PM here for a faster response, more pictures can be taken on request. I know these ones are a little low quality because of resizing, but it's file size limitations.

20220330_005030.jpg 20220330_005244.jpg 20220330_014733.jpg 20220330_010718.jpg

1. I agree to the classified rules and terms of service
Last Edited:
Dang. Always wanted one of those, but waiting till they come out with a 44 mag version (which of course may not happen in my lifetime). Love the more intelligent design compared to "normal" revolvers.

Dang. Always wanted one of those, but waiting till they come out with a 44 mag version (which of course may not happen in my lifetime). Love the more intelligent design compared to "normal" revolvers.
Oh man, if only. But with how many people have been "bit" by .38 or .357 when they are not paying attention to where they place their thumb and they cover the gas port, I'm not sure they'd wanna deal with people blowing their thumbs off by having poor attention to how they handle the gun, haha.

Oh man, if only. But with how many people have been "bit" by .38 or .357 when they are not paying attention to where they place their thumb and they cover the gas port, I'm not sure they'd wanna deal with people blowing their thumbs off by having poor attention to how they handle the gun, haha.
Ha! The thing that perplexes me is that the same guy who designed the Rhino was responsible for the 44 mag Mateba (though he's dead now), so it's not like the know-how isn't there. BTW, the fascinating part of Mateba's Unica 44 mag was it technically functioned as a semi-auto revolver. REALLY wish Chiappa would get off their lazy dime and "release the Kraken" (44).

Ha! The thing that perplexes me is that the same guy who designed the Rhino was responsible for the 44 mag Mateba (though he's dead now), so it's not like the know-how isn't there. BTW, the fascinating part of Mateba's Unica 44 mag was it technically functioned as a semi-auto revolver. REALLY wish Chiappa would get off their lazy dime and "release the Kraken" (44).
Hey if I had like $7000 to waste, I would already own an unica 6. Dream gun! I didn't know the designer died though, that's sad. I believe he also did a lot of other designs for Mateba.

They were in stock online today at sportsman's for a few hours, it sounds like they're coming back on the market in some capacity. The slightly shorter ones seem to be in stock at guns.com which I haven't heard of before but seems to be legit. They also have the 60DS in gold if that's your thing. Hard to find, but not impossible at the moment at least

Last Edited:
They were in stock online today at sportsman's for a few hours, it sounds like they're coming back on the market in some capacity. The slightly shorter ones seem to be in stock at guns.com which I haven't heard of before but seems to be legit. They also have the 60DS in gold if that's your thing. Hard to find, but not impossible at the moment at least

Ouch the ones in gold are up to 2400? I know they're always more expensive than the black or the nickle but usually only $100-$200 more... I know a guy who's got one in gold, looks nice even if it's a little gaudy. I'd post the picture I've got of it but it's not work safe haha.

Hey maybe if we don't see the Rhino in .44 magnum we'll get it in .454 Casull like the Unica 6 got!...

Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.