JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Chiappa is releasing a 22 AK/AKM manufactured at the Cugir Arsenal (Romania) called the RAK 22 . It was the under the radar hit of the Shot show and has far better fit & finish than its early 2000s counterparts the AKT-98 / WASR 22 / RPK-22 and last ditch ending in kit based limited production run of the M10-22 . All of those earlier variants were novel and rare almost instantly ,with spotty reliability and lacking spare parts sources most of the time . Saiga attempted to enter the "Real Deal" AK22 market after the demise of Romanian imports with its own Russian Arsenal made version but the program was hampered by the Ammo shortages in US and other problems . This Chiappa is the zenith of this progression and it is a very refined example compared the others (only Saiga and Earliest AKT-98 offerings seemingly exhibiting comparable quality control ) I have 2 AKT 98 models and one WASR 22 and am going to preorder a Chiappa soon ...

chiappa-ak-22.jpg

Glad to hear the quality appears to be good. I have seen some good and bad products with the Chiappa brand. I like the Rhino .357 and rough rider .22LR/mag revolvers but the 9mm AK example I looked at was pretty poor. I just dont see the draw of a .22LR AK.

Glad to hear the quality appears to be good. I have seen some good and bad products with the Chiappa brand. I like the Rhino .357 and rough rider .22LR/mag revolvers but the 9mm AK example I looked at was pretty poor. I just dont see the draw of a .22LR AK.
My WASR 22 is my favorite plinker (And always a hit with the youngsters ) my Ruger 10/22 International mostly sits in the safe ...

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top