JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Does anyone have any experience with Chiappa revolvers? I'm guessing there are no ranges in Puget Sound that rent them out. Anyway I thought I read somewhere that it has reduced muzzle flip. My wife wants BUG..maybe a revolver but she really doesn't like the recoil on revolvers.
They are kind of strange looking revolvers.
Rhino6pollici-1.jpg

Rhino6pollici-1.jpg

same design as Mateba's, I had one many years ago in 357 and it felt way different in recoil than my Smith's...less flip, more "shove" if that makes sense.

My wife has trouble shooting revolvers well. I think part of it is due to her RA. She can shoot semi-auto 9mm & 40 fine but a 38 revolver gives her trouble. It sounds like she might find the Chiappa easier.
I wonder how much they go for used?

My wife has a snub nose. Loves it. No up kick, just a bit of a straight back kick. Fits here small hand well.
Mateba designed it as well.

I hated the Rhino the first time I saw it and shot it. Then when I shot one a couple years later I had to have it. Now the snubbie model is my EDC. The gun handles amazingly well. It handles .357mags so well you would swear you where shooting .38spl cowboy loads.

I have a video detailing it's lack of recoil and comparing it to a S&W 637.

Chiappa.jpg

My brother in law swears by his. We hiked 15 miles one day through Glacier National Park in light clothes and I didn't even know he had it on him until we stopped to set up camp. The only thing that would concern me is the incredible complexity of the fire control group that had to be designed to enable its unique function. Whereas I've refined and resprung triggers on my Smiths and Rugers, looking at the internals on the Rhino as shown in the first picture in the link below gives me the willies. It doesn't take a lot to screw up the timing and function on even a simple revolver mechanism. The Chiappa incorporates so many intricately linked parts to make it go bang that I'd be worried about its long term durability, reliability, and function. That's just my opinion, though. As I said, my brother in law loves his, although he isn't someone who does a lot of shooting with it. <broken link removed>

My brother in law swears by his. We hiked 15 miles one day through Glacier National Park in light clothes and I didn't even know he had it on him until we stopped to set up camp. The only thing that would concern me is the incredible complexity of the fire control group that had to be designed to enable its unique function. Whereas I've refined and resprung triggers on my Smiths and Rugers, looking at the internals on the Rhino as shown in the first picture in the link below gives me the willies. It doesn't take a lot to screw up the timing and function on even a simple revolver mechanism. The Chiappa incorporates so many intricately linked parts to make it go bang that I'd be worried about its long term durability, reliability, and function. That's just my opinion, though. As I said, my brother in law loves his, although he isn't someone who does a lot of shooting with it. <broken link removed>

Its only like 80 parts. I can disassemble it in World of Guns in like 2 minutes :)

NHSEaWP.jpg

I did a chat on YouTube where we compared the internals of a S&W to the Chiappa and there is little difference. The Chiappa just has a lowered hammer so it needs a cocking bar. That is hardly complex.

I love your stuff but hadn't seen that one. I did see the video where you talked about adopting it as your carry gun, though. I'll go look at the other one. And I certainly defer to your informed opinion, since my own was just based on a sense of being overwhelmed by looking at it. :) Then again, I get overwhelmed by pretty much anything.

Here is a quick look at the insides of the Rhino next to a S&W. You can see the main differences are the cocking bar (needed because of the lowered hammer) and the fact that the trigger has been segmented to allow it to be placed further forward. They are hardly intricate changes. The only other real difference is the spring system.

Screen Shot 2014-10-06 at 11.23.40 PM.png

The Rhino was featured heavily in the 2012 remake of TOTAL RECALL, which starred Colin Farrell and Kate Beckinsale. The movie was sort of a flop, though. The total US Box office was only $58 Million, which was less than half the budget it took to make the movie.

total-recall.jpg

total-recall-5.jpg

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews