JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
So where is the connection to big brother? What I see here is a private company adding RFID chips to their guns on their own accord. I have firearms that have barcodes for inventory purposes, this is pretty much the same thing. If there was actually talk of requiring it for all firearms by law, then I could see the issue. Otherwise, this is just speculating into far fetched theories. When companies first tried to make firearms with computerized safeties and operation, there was the same talk of government enforcement and tracking, and that was over 10 years ago.

shades of 1984..

I remember that part in 1984 where that one guy paid a private company to have a chip installed and then used it for things such as opening and starting his car, logging onto his computer and his favorite forums. Then he used instead of a debit card at the grocery store. My favorite part is when he changed his mind and had it removed.

I've seen 1984 numerous times and read it a few. This is not Big Brother making people disappear for thought crimes. This is not "freedom is slavery", "war is peace", or "ignorance is strength". In truth, it's no more "1984" than a drivers license or car keys.

I don't agree with the attitude that MKS is displaying towards the people that pay it's bills.

However, if you don't like the RFID inventory chip, take the five minutes to remove the grips and chisel the little bit of circuitry off the gun.

Simple stuff, really. Doesn't have to be any more complicated than that.

Ever see this add on TV <broken link removed>
they say proctect your credit card from RFID READER.
What's that skimmer that was found on a gas pump awhile back? And on a BANK ATM. wasen't that a RFID reader?

Conspiracy Theorists Unite!
If it's on the Internet, it MUST be true.

RUMOR: (known as blogosphere food): The erroneous information about some sort of "chip" was put out by a blogger who translated Chiappa (Italian) technical information incorrectly. The incorrect translation and his interpretation came out as some sort of a GPS type tracking "chip" -which RFID isn't as it cannot transmit anything-it has NO power source (unlike cell phones).

THE FACTS: Recently several Italian gun makers (not just Chiappa) decided to utilize RFID technology to improve manufacturing and provide more accurate inventory control. We guarantee this technology will proliferate to other gun makers world wide as it is so efficient for everything from production QC control to export/import varification. Other industries already use passive RFID technology such as on DVDs, sunglasses, clothes and even some food products for example.

Basically Chiappa RFID (again it is radio frequency identification) assists the manufacturing process, inventory control and shipping. The type of information on the RFID ties in the firearm and proof house verification; the latter is required by the Italian Government for all firearms made in Italy. Passive RFID is also a final check that verifies that what is inside the sealed box is the same thing as shown on the box exterior bar code during shipping. Now, it will no longer be necessary to open/inspect hundreds of boxes by hand prior to packing in export containers.

BOTTOM LINE: The Chiappa PASSIVE RFID can be read ONLY when passed within (2-3 inches) of an active (and powered) reader that is dialed in for the particular long antenna radio frequency of the RFID-this is not random. And it will NOT go into operation for a year or more.

SUMMARIZING: RFIDs have NO power source or GPS locator. Rest assured they are NOT transmitting your identification and location information to a Chiappa Firearm tasked CIA satellite.

Link:
Chiappa Firearms Responds To RFID Chip Rumors : The Tactical Wire

Tinhat.jpg

I don't agree with the attitude that MKS is displaying towards the people that pay it's bills.

However, if you don't like the RFID inventory chip, take the five minutes to remove the grips and chisel the little bit of circuitry off the gun.

Simple stuff, really. Doesn't have to be any more complicated than that.

I feel the same way about mag safeties and interlocks.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top