JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
$195 total cost including background check, FFL fee, and shipping.

Is it worth it? I think so. This is a replica of a Colt 1873 Peacemaker in .22lr and .22 Magnum. It is about the same size and weight as a Colt 1873 which is what I wanted. I did not want a Bearcat where the cylinder is reduced size or the barrel is thinner. I wanted a replica to play around with, that's all. Reliability is a big question given the price. It seems solidly built out of a "metal" of some alloy Chiappa doesn't specify. The cylinders and barrel have steel liners. The function of the revolver seems good but not as good as a Ruger or Smith and Wesson. The accuracy is not great. offhand at ten yards it shoots about a 5 inch group. It shoots about 4-6 inches low as well.

So it doesn't sound very good but it is fun to shoot. Playing "High Noon" versus a plate of steel is all I really got it for. That and I have a brick of that Colibri primer only ammo. That stuff is quiet like an air gun. CCI mini mags were fun but this revolver really shines when you put the 22 Magnum cylinder in. I had never fired a 22 Magnum before. I instantly found a new favorite cartridge. I fired about 70 rounds of 22 Magnum and about 100 rounds of Colibri and MiniMags. No misfires but ejecting the magnum shells takes a nice solid shuck of the ejector rod or it will get hung up with the longer casing.

Time will tell if this cowboy Hi Point will last. I think that for $200 its a fun plinker with that old west spirit.

b0c4aa578574f0d5ee40a4a422af71c0_zps1c20ecc3.jpg

6ee0d579f263fa2dc3961ebfbf50c6a7_zps393fa994.jpg

79e3f7574a8e1d6fc16f5a4fd163933e_zps99cdd9af.jpg

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR