JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Puke emoji

4CC9C46F-D9A2-4008-A578-5D503BDB5B90.jpeg

Last Edited:
Damned if they are not REALLY odd looking things. The price they sell for says a lot though. I would like to try one just to see how they feel. Not being a wheel gun guy easy for me to say no. Even if I was a wheel gun guy to pay that price the damn thing would really have to impress me for sure. Since they do sell for that price they have to be impressing hell out of a few. :s0092:

I'm thinking a 6 year old could safely nibble his pop tart into that shape at school. No risk at all that Teach would haul his butt to the office because "zero tolerance".

Another subject: Realizing the model pictured is a snubby so sight radius is irrelevant for practical purposes, but even their models with a longer barrel have that sharp backward angle from the muzzle to front sight. Is sight radius so insignificant that a manufacturer would willingly sacrifice 1/2" for the sake of style? (Ouch! Painful to even think of that as "style".)

I forget how I discovered the Rhino line but as soon as I saw it I knew I had to get one. I love weird guns! I actively sought out a 50DS in 357 (not sure if they have other calibers but I assume they do) and while I do love my black one I was annoyed the rainbow one came out shortly after I bought the one I have. I live by a no take-backsys rule, so trading it in would be like trading a child for a better foster kid or something (bad analogy but hopefully it "makes sense").

Oddly, its my 16 year old daughter's favorite to shoot! She skipped 9mm and tried to keep on with our purple SR22 but they always shoot one or two of the new guns and once she tried THIS she never went back to 22lr other than cost makes 22lr more prevalent!

My 5" Rhino in .40 is a delight to shoot. I think the snub Rhinos are ungainly looking but 4" and longer look cool, like sci-fi space revolvers. Anytime I take it to a match it generates interest, and guys who want to shoot it, whom I oblige. That low bore axis with 145 PF 200 gr loads barely moves offline in recoil. It's a fun gun.

Maybe it's mostly about conventional design that we are used to seeing. Guns are really just tools created for a certain purpose. But there are some of us who also appreciate aesthetic aspects of man's creations. I like a Snap On ratchet because it looks nicer than a Craftsman. But they do the same thing. Personally, I won't be buying a Chiappa. I've looked at them, they seem perfectly serviceable.

LoL, Iove this.

My dad has a Rhino. I'm of the camp, "WTF." He likes it (he actually has pretty bubblegumty taste in guns TBH).

He likes it.

I've played with it. It's a piece of bubblegum. Oh well, we keep our senile elders happy…

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top