JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
i just bought a new 2018 Silverado 1500 that has a solid rear window. I've ordered a canopy that will be here in 3-4 weeks and would like to have a rear slider installed before. I don't care if it's a manual or powered unit. I seem to be striking out and if anyone has done this before or could steer me in the right direction I'd greatly appreciate it!

im a technician at capitol chev here in salem, i can ask around. i cant say we've ever retro fitted one here either. im un certain if a factory slider will fit a non factory slider.

either way, i believe a glass or body shop will need to install the window. we send our windshield and stationary glass work to our body shop or have state auto glass do it as ita usually held in and re-installed with urethane.

I just called the canopy shop and they were able to locate one, after many calls reminding them that they were even looking, lol. $765 installed (ouch) for a non powered unit. As a side note, I swear just getting a sales person to even call you back has been a real struggle.

Thought that I remembered the forum for GM trucks that had a couple of threads on replacing the stock rear window with a powered window.. Evidently the windows from 2014-2018 are the same according to the Forum. I like the idea but don't know that I would go to all of the work at this time in my life. Hope that this helps: Rear Sliding Window

only thing im uncerain of is getting the power window to work.

the body control module is configured per VIN# if the truck doesnt have that option from the factory, theres no way i know of to program it to work unless its bought out of the GM accessory catalog.

when we install GM accessories we have to reprogram using a supplied "VCI" number that comes with the purchased accessory. we have to call GM, give them that number and they then upload software to "the cloud" for the VIN# im working on and then i install the software.

Not really worth it, IMO,...unless you have a dog or few and want good air circulation on trips and such. Can still get decent air circulation with side topper sliding windows.

I've run a few toppers on my Nissan pickup truck, including a pop-up camper which looks like an oversized topper currently, and never had a need to open up the rear cab window and the front topper window.

Of course everyone's situation is different...

i have a manual slider on my truck. theyre awesome for when you lock your keys in the truck and u just so happen to have a ATV flag pole in the bed... :):D

Auto glass is what I do, your rear window is set with urethane. Cutting out the old glass and installing the new one is a professional job, dealerships and body shops don't do their own glass 99% of the time and subcontract to companies like mine.

I would charge around $700 for a factory non power slider install, less if CRL makes an aftermarket model but all aftermarkets fit like crap compared to factory. Might not be the biggest deal if you have a canopy going on, but I hate cutting out factory windows to install an aftermarket slider- I'm a perfectionist and they just aren't the same.

Auto glass is what I do, your rear window is set with urethane. Cutting out the old glass and installing the new one is a professional job, dealerships and body shops don't do their own glass 99% of the time and subcontract to companies like mine.

I would charge around $700 for a factory non power slider install, less if CRL makes an aftermarket model but all aftermarkets fit like crap compared to factory. Might not be the biggest deal if you have a canopy going on, but I hate cutting out factory windows to install an aftermarket slider- I'm a perfectionist and they just aren't the same.

Yes, it will have a canopy on it full time. I wanted a slider to pet the pooch on longer road trips.

i may have a back slider glass we just replaced under warranty due to the defrost element having a break in the circuit. if GM doesnt ask for it back and it goes to scrap my work will save it for me. i dont wanna get your hopes way up but just wanted you to know ive been lookin for ya.

if youre interested, i'll let u know if they give it to me or not!

That's a great deal, but I already had one installed. I really appreciate you remembering and thinking about me. Mine is a manual slider but so will the canopy's window. Once again, thank you!

Saw retro and Chevy Silverado in the thread title and thought of these new trucks some dealers are putting out. Love the look, though not a Chevy fan...

Chevrolet-Cheyenne-2018-0.jpg

24958752_311708886009458_6071210981068028747_o-e1513085519980.jpg

1520623630464.jpg

hey! glad you got it done, hows it pull that trailer??
Not bad on flat ground, dealer bubblegummed me and sold me a truck with the 3.08's. Long story but went get a truck with the lower gears and miscommunication happened and I ended up with the wrong bubblegum. Anyways, the dealer won't stand behind it at all and I'm out $2500 for new gears, appointment next week. After having several issues already I'm thinking that the quality just isin't with the brand I selected. I even had a noise since day one that tbe orig dealer stated was a nuisance issue and nothing to worry about. Well.... this is what was located in the rear floor rolling around every corner. All the Chevy techs were in agreement that it was an intentional act.
C756560B-2895-442B-ABA2-EEC913589230.jpeg 72EF80AD-FF2D-43FF-BEEF-972D0E32A00E.jpeg

Not bad on flat ground, dealer bubblegummed me and sold me a truck with the 3.08's. Long story but went get a truck with the lower gears and miscommunication happened and I ended up with the wrong bubblegum. Anyways, the dealer won't stand behind it at all and I'm out $2500 for new gears, appointment next week. After having several issues already I'm thinking that the quality just isin't with the brand I selected. I even had a noise since day one that tbe orig dealer stated was a nuisance issue and nothing to worry about. Well.... this is what was located in the rear floor rolling around every corner. All the Chevy techs were in agreement that it was an intentional act.
View attachment 564043 View attachment 564044
WTF:eek:

now i know what to look for when we get mystery rattles that come in.

WTF:eek:

now i know what to look for when we get mystery rattles that come in.
It was in the welded on spacer (box) that will not let the rear seatbelt receptacles fall below the seat level. We had to remove (I helped my friend at the Chev dealership I should have bought from) the rear seat and all the carpet to find it. Appearantly GM wants to have possession of this for a period of sixty day before I get the annoying nuts back. They were glued together and intentionally placed in that void at the factory, in Mexico. God I wish we could just make an American car in America.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top