JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Not a V-8, but did all but the machining on our Plymouth Arrow's 1600 motor in the garage of our rental house....Half a V-8? At the time I was wrenching at a Honda motorcycle shop. We did the whole shebang there, boring, porting/polishing, jetting...."High Performance" motorcycles man! We did a number on a pair of brand new XR 75s once for a guy, us grown men racing those little bikes down State Street in front of the shop.

Good Times!

Edit: I'm currently running a 290hp GM 350 crate motor I had put in my 1984 C-1500 GMC 1/2 ton four years ago.

Last Edited:
I'm about to assemble my 1948 Willys 134 L flat head in my carport right now. Been getting everything ready for the last 4 days.

I'm hot rodding the engine which means all the pretty stuff is being made by me by hand.

My first rebuild was a 265 in my 55 Chevy post.
Then a bunch of 283's in various 56-57 Chevy's/corvette

Then I bought a 66 Nova w/a 327 4 speed.:D:D:D

Rebuilt it to put out about 425 HP.......:D

It was one of the quickest street cars in Sacto at the time.:D

I could beet 427/425 HP vettes........440 Dodges, 427 Mustangs.:D

Couldn't beat those 426 Hemi's, but gave them a hell of a race......:D:(:D

I did rebuild, top end as I had blown the head gasket, of my 1972 Pontiac Grandville's 455 in my dorm room.
Good thing I was the RA.

Few learnings - like don't let your friends tear something down. They won't remember where to put stuff back.

About this color. Mine started life in that GM Green .. and was re-painted, they guy couldn't pay the paint shop so I got to buy it. About $500 in 1980. Was worth about $50. Interior was still the green.
It is 225 inches Stem-to-Stern.

my 1st.

5267099927_43b50b1e65.jpg

How'd I blow the head gasket?

Since I was a brilliant college boy, I was down shifting on the hill outside of campus.
Why would you downshift an automatic .....

I enjoy working on engines.

Last spring I fixed my friends boat motor. It was a vertical v6. Air, fuel and oil injected 2 cycle.
Air injector stem broke off and damaged the piston and head.

That thing was weird. Fun to learn about. But strange.:s0153:
The air intake was where the oil pan should be. So it could draft oil up through the bottom of the engine, to lubricate the crank and rod bearings.

I do a lot of salmon fishing now.

Last Edited:
I did a 392 for my Scout and if you're wondering IH doesn't stand for International Harvester, it's stands for "It's Heavy!" because everything on that engine is overbuilt, with the exception of the oiling system. Dad and I will be doing a 304 for one of his project trucks this summer. In the past I've helped do a few Nissan SD33's (diesel used in the Scouts) and the SBC/BBC combos. Buddy did an F-head in our garage, but I was working so missed out on most of that.

I did a 392 for my Scout and if you're wondering IH doesn't stand for International Harvester, it's stands for "It's Heavy!" because everything on that engine is overbuilt, with the exception of the oiling system. Dad and I will be doing a 304 for one of his project trucks this summer. In the past I've helped do a few Nissan SD33's (diesel used in the Scouts) and the SBC/BBC combos. Buddy did an F-head in our garage, but I was working so missed out on most of that.

I'm still a fan of the 345/392, especially after the oiling system gets modded.

I was involved in the drag racing scene here for about 6 months a few years ago....I was "promoting", not racing.

I HONESTLY quit, because I was getting too close to the point of buying another racer.......and REALLY didn't want to go there again:D:confused::rolleyes:o_O

I cannot own or drive a fast vehicle....................:);):(:confused::cool::eek:o_O

I don't go to car shows either.............................................................;):cool:o_O

I LOVE cars, but have enough "money pits" now........:):D

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads