JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Took a leg rig and some spare straps. Made myself a chest rig for riding 6281FFF7-094E-4708-95A3-AFECD1CF05BC.jpeg A885368B-1F63-4745-82E8-374C824063E7.jpeg FAD94BC8-7A5B-4A70-B7C9-0A94831220EA.jpeg

Nice work.

I would slant it more, though.
With the barrel more at a 45 degree angle where it's quick to deploy.
And if that's a buckle, it might be a problem.

Heaven forbid, but with a cat on you, that pistol has to come out quick or it won't matter.

I would copy the angle of the Kodiak Chest Rig shown here...
View attachment 730559
Yes. I thought the same thing after trial run. Will lay it down a bit more. And the bersa has a decocker. Although I thought about that I'm more concerned about the potential crash than shooting myself.

Someone will tell you you'll die if you wreck wearing a pen knife in your pocket.
:rolleyes:
No
Its true! I was talking to a guy who had a cousin who knew this guy that saw a video on the internet where a fellow was explaining how a guy in a car saw a guy on a motorcycle trying to open a letter with a pen knife while riding down a desert highway when he struck a turtle that was crossing the road. I asked what kind or turtle lives in the desert? Wasn't it a tortoise, which, while its related to turtles, it most assuredly is not a turtle because a turtle needs water to live in and where would he find that in the desert? I mean I had a turtle once who got out of his tank and I never found him until years later when my folks bought a new refrigerator and we found him all dried up and dead. Anyway this turtle, the one in the road that is, was big enough to pop that motorcycle into the air when the guy on the motorcycle hit it. He regained control though and when he stopped, he finished opening the letter which turned out to be a "Dear John" letter that depressed him so much that he killed himself. With the pen knife. So yeah
It can happen.

BTW @westcoastal--That was a great repurposing of the holster. It looks great and well attached. Good luck with it.:s0155:

No
Its true! I was talking to a guy who had a cousin who knew this guy that saw a video on the internet where a fellow was explaining how a guy in a car saw a guy on a motorcycle trying to open a letter with a pen knife while riding down a desert highway when he struck a turtle that was crossing the road. I asked what kind or turtle lives in the desert? Wasn't it a tortoise, which, while its related to turtles, it most assuredly is not a turtle because a turtle needs water to live in and where would he find that in the desert? I mean I had a turtle once who got out of his tank and I never found him until years later when my folks bought a new refrigerator and we found him all dried up and dead. Anyway this turtle, the one in the road that is, was big enough to pop that motorcycle into the air when the guy on the motorcycle hit it. He regained control though and when he stopped, he finished opening the letter which turned out to be a "Dear John" letter that depressed him so much that he killed himself. With the pen knife. So yeah
It can happen.

BTW @westcoastal--That was a great repurposing of the holster. It looks great and well attached. Good luck with it.:s0155:
Man, my emotions were all over the board with that one.

Someone will tell you you'll die if you wreck wearing a pen knife in your pocket.
My dad had a wreck on his Harley back in the '50s (back when Harleys were just cheap transportation for those who couldn't afford a car). He had a pair of pliers in his pocket. The doctor had to remove them and stitch up the hole. He used to show me the scar and tell me to be careful on my bike. :)

:s0162:

That would be me.

I carry inside a tank bag instead of on my person. Any hard object - keys, phone, tools, whatever, is not carried next to my body.

I never carry hard objects (except for armor) on my body when I am riding. I know from personal experience what would happen if I did. I have been down enough times, had the severe bruises, broken bones and a cracked sternum to know not to carry anything like that next to my body. Outside of hard armor? Maybe.

10X when riding off-road; I always fall when riding off-road, not nearly so much when on a road, but enough to not risk it.

YMMV - but I cringe when I see a setup like that, without at least hard armor between the gun and the chest, on someone riding off-road. I've hit trees, rocks, hard ground, etc. - almost every time I ride off-road (single track trail - not two track dirt road there is a difference).

My dad had a wreck on his Harley back in the '50s (back when Harleys were just cheap transportation for those who couldn't afford a car). He had a pair of pliers in his pocket. The doctor had to remove them and stitch up the hole. He used to show me the scar and tell me to be careful on my bike. :)

I've got the long scars and still have the pins (in a case, not in my body) from where a surgeon reconstructed my foot because I was wearing street shoes while riding.

:s0162:

That would be me.

I carry inside a tank bag instead of on my person. Any hard object - keys, phone, tools, whatever, is not carried next to my body.

I never carry hard objects (except for armor) on my body when I am riding. I know from personal experience what would happen if I did. I have been down enough times, had the severe bruises, broken bones and a cracked sternum to know not to carry anything like that next to my body. Outside of hard armor? Maybe.

10X when riding off-road; I always fall when riding off-road, not nearly so much when on a road, but enough to not risk it.

YMMV - but I cringe when I see a setup like that, without at least hard armor between the gun and the chest, on someone riding off-road. I've hit trees, rocks, hard ground, etc. - almost every time I ride off-road (single track trail - not two track dirt road there is a difference).
This is why those military bikes have the biggest tank bags ever.

Nice work.

I would slant it more, though.
With the barrel more at a 45 degree angle where it's quick to deploy.
And if that's a buckle, it might be a problem.

Heaven forbid, but with a cat on you, that pistol has to come out quick or it won't matter.

I would copy the angle of the Kodiak Chest Rig shown here...
View attachment 730559
that's pretty cool, I need to dig deeper wider shoulder strap would be nice.
but hey, got back to office and this was delivered
btw "fb bullet proof vest you need", and only took 3 months & $49.95 delivered.
material in nice, heavy canvas
cute little backpack I'm sure two beer max
front, well i thought had holster maybe another 5'er might have gotten me that
no idea what the cables are for
anyway, I will toss out updates. got it for riding and a random civil warz
maybe knife proof?
don't think so, but... maybe a gut punch could shake that off
overly curious now, want to ask son punch me

IMG_0132.JPG IMG_0131.JPG IMG_0133.JPG IMG_0134.JPG

that's pretty cool, I need to dig deeper wider shoulder strap would be nice.
but hey, got back to office and this was delivered
btw "fb bullet proof vest you need", and only took 3 months & $49.95 delivered.
material in nice, heavy canvas
cute little backpack I'm sure two beer max
front, well i thought had holster maybe another 5'er might have gotten me that
no idea what the cables are for
anyway, I will toss out updates. got it for riding and a random civil warz
maybe knife proof?
don't think so, but... maybe a gut punch could shake that off
overly curious now, want to ask son punch me

View attachment 730918 View attachment 730919 View attachment 730920 View attachment 730921

IIRC cables (properly setup) are for rapid removal. Treating trauma.

No
It can happen.

I saw the whole thing happen! She was a dirty, heartless witch!

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

Back Top