JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Guess I'm the only one that saw this picture while they were looking for the Boston Bomber...

Boston-Martial-Law-Turret.jpg

So you filed a complaint when an officer did that to you and your grandson? What was the disposition?

And in that newspaper delivery shooting, please recall that was after the assasination of one officer in a parked car, and the attempted assasination of two others in a pursuit.

In a prior life of 26 years as a CA LEO I fully realized that there were inherent risks in the job and I took them (shot in two separate incidents, once stabbed by a 12-year old girl who I decided not to drop the hammer on but broke her jaw with a right hook instead). But noone ever explained to me, as you seem to believe, that I was/the officer is paid to potentially give up my/their life at a vehicle check point while flagging down cars with open arms in a search for someone who'd shot four other officers.

So you think it's OK to point your service weapon in some ones face even though you do no know or have matched the description to the assailant???
WOW you are judge, jury & executioner aren't you Judge Dreed!!!!

I would have told that SP to get that bubblegum bubblegum gun out of my face!!!

...But noone ever explained to me, as you seem to believe, that I was/the officer is paid to potentially give up my/their life at a vehicle check point while flagging down cars with open arms in a search for someone who'd shot four other officers.

But there in lies the rub...did every motorist sign up to be treated like a perp and have a loaded firearm pointed at them? Nobody is saying you can't be ready or treat potential suspects with caution...nevertheless, pointing a rifle a every person that passes through your checkpoint isn't going to win the hearts and minds of the community you swore to protect.

This isn't Afghanistan where every citizen is a potential terrorist. So if you signed up to be a cop so you can play soldier on the streets of LA, treating every traffic stop like a gun battle, then I'm glad you're retired.

I am looking at getting a job in Cali. it'd be a good job. But I thought, well, I'll live in Oregon and drive but it looks to be 2 hours each way, dagnabbit! WhaT A messed up state. And, for all the militarization of the cops....the gangs still own their 'hoods' streets.

Brutus Out.

This is what happens in a disarmed Banana Republic, folks, they are ramping it up

Along with gun bans the HWY checkpoints were part of why we left. They were targeting any vehicle with a pro gun sticker or NRA decal for searches

I know this is how it will go down it won't matter that you have done nothing wrong the cops and any other LEO will shoot first and ask questions later period
this is how this administration will enforce what ever they want to shove down our necks

What goes around eventually comes around

But there in lies the rub...did every motorist sign up to be treated like a perp and have a loaded firearm pointed at them? Nobody is saying you can't be ready or treat potential suspects with caution...nevertheless, pointing a rifle a every person that passes through your checkpoint isn't going to win the hearts and minds of the community you swore to protect.

This isn't Afghanistan where every citizen is a potential terrorist. So if you signed up to be a cop so you can play soldier on the streets of LA, treating every traffic stop like a gun battle, then I'm glad you're retired.

(AMFM) A-Mother-F-ing-Men!!!!

+1,000,000

And in that newspaper delivery shooting, please recall that was after the assasination of one officer in a parked car, and the attempted assasination of two others in a pursuit.

Which of course justifies randomly opening fire on an unidentified vehicle that may resemble the suspect vehicle. Not exactly confidence building in the competence of the cops to handle stress.

It completely justfies not being able to tell the difference between a blue toyota tacoma and a grey nissan titan in the early morning or you know, not running plates first before opening fire.

I just cannot get over how some people try to justify what these cops are starting to do all the time. Using the excuse I just want to be a will to go home every night. Well civilians feel the same way. Like blitzkrieg said what goes around comes around.

Last edited by a moderator:
WTF country is this!? I showed this to my wife and she kicked a hole in the sheet rock. If one of his turds draws up like that on one of us....I guess we'll be martyrs. Oops....no 72 virgins for us...."license and registration please".....I hope none of the kids are with us....

You know, one of the things that gets me about incidents like this, is the police are becoming more and more heavily armed with cooler and more capable toys (militarization), the problem is, there is ZERO training to back any of this up. Cops are expected to qualify with their service weapon ONCE EVERY 6 MONTHS!*#$!)(*$@! And this is to say nothing of the actual qualification protocols used by departments.

The real problem is, just what it sounds like... police that are becoming very heavily armed, and yet are not given sufficient training or held to high enough training standards to actually imply they are capable, qualified or safe with the weapons they have. Cops pointing guns at people who really don't deserve it isn't really the problem, it's just the glaring, massive symptom of what the real problems are: insufficient training and poor standards.

But noone ever explained to me, as you seem to believe, that I was/the officer is paid to potentially give up my/their life at a vehicle check point while flagging down cars with open arms in a search for someone who'd shot four other officers.

If you'd worked for my dad when he was a chief you would have been told exactly that. The risk is part of the job, and you can't reduce it by cutting corners when it comes to how you treat citizens. You live with the risk or you find a less exciting job.

Given THAT headline/note with the article, I see absolutely nothing wrong with the response of the officers, especially if someone doesn't get their hands up the very first time they are told to do so.

From the article:

“A California Highway Patrol officer and another emergency responder stop a vehicle at a checkpoint near the neighborhood where a federal immigration officer was shot and three local police officers were wounded during a violent confrontation with a suspect in the Sacramento suburb of Roseville on Friday, Oct. 25, 2013.”

^ The caption speaks volumes. The journalist (cough, cough) probably sees nothing wrong with the picture of an authoritative figure pointing a "gun" at some hapless citizen. Perfectly normal behavior, the gun is not even mentioned. However, if it were the citizen holding the "gun" (in a safe manner), it would be labeled "a gunman with an assault rifle" with a "everybody panic" spin.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top