JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
The cop in that photo would have been berated to the likes of which he's never seen had that been me getting the AR pointed at my face like that!! WTF kind of undisciplined monkeys is the CHP slapping uniforms on these days?!!

I get that it was a tactical situation and they're dragnetting for a violent perp, and you can have your weapon ready to go... But at a slight oblique angle not DIRECTLY POINTED at every CITIZEN you come in contact with!!

Jeezuz... I've done FULL ON military checkpoints, and I'm talking locked and loaded M16's, M203's, M60's, 1911's, and a Ma Duce. We NEVER walked up on anyone with weapons planted directly in their face... and this wasn't even in the USA!!

And most cops wonder why citizens have a disdain toward them when encountered. I used to feel safe around them but due to daily current affairs concerning their Gestapo tactics I make it a point to avoid them at all costs. I do have to wonder if they (honestly) are trained like this or are they just getting brazen on their own (taking training to their own level)? Is our (citizenry) attitude toward current government outrage changing how they engage the public?
This will not get any better folks because this is the current trend and look who is in charge... we all should take it upon ourselves to try and get the younger crowd (who know nothing about the types of current affairs) to wake up and also get involved.

What a bubbleguming douchebag

checkpointguns3.jpg

And that fat bubblegum in the background is a disgrace as well

Just skip California.

Send a letter to their Dept of Tourism with a copy of this picture and tell them how you are going to Seattle instead.

The dollar is the only vote that counts right now.

Cheers

I'll pass on Seattle. I'd rather go visit either of CA's neighbors to the east. Although you may be able to find a Border Patrol agent to do something similar in AZ.

In Portland they'll just accidentally shoot you four times with buckshot instead of beanbags. oopsies! I think that was four million and at least, after a year, a firing

From the article:

“A California Highway Patrol officer and another emergency responder stop a vehicle at a checkpoint near the neighborhood where a federal immigration officer was shot and three local police officers were wounded during a violent confrontation with a suspect in the Sacramento suburb of Roseville on Friday, Oct. 25, 2013.”

^ The caption speaks volumes. The journalist (cough, cough) probably sees nothing wrong with the picture of an authoritative figure pointing a "gun" at some hapless citizen. Perfectly normal behavior, the gun is not even mentioned. However, if it were the citizen holding the "gun" (in a safe manner), it would be labeled "a gunman with an assault rifle" with a "everybody panic" spin.

I know this is how it will go down it won't matter that you have done nothing wrong the cops and any other LEO will shoot first and ask questions later period
this is how this administration will enforce what ever they want to shove down our necks

So when stopping vehicles in search of a single male subject responsible for shooting four other LEOs, your expectation is for the officer to handle it like he's telling folks to avoid a road hazard? Stroll up, hands in the air and waving for each car down to slow down and stop so he can lean in and ask "Howdy, are you the guy who just shot four police officers?". Pretty unrealistic.

No no no....I expect the Police to rush in all tactical, shove the barrel of an AR or Shotgun in my face, or my little grandson's face...especially when our appearance, behavior and automobile don't even come close to matching their latest "intel". I also expect them to empty several magazines into the back of PU driven by a couple Hispanic females delivering newspapers early in the morning. I expect this because I am "only" a "civilian"

So you filed a complaint when an officer did that to you and your grandson? What was the disposition?

And in that newspaper delivery shooting, please recall that was after the assasination of one officer in a parked car, and the attempted assasination of two others in a pursuit.

In a prior life of 26 years as a CA LEO I fully realized that there were inherent risks in the job and I took them (shot in two separate incidents, once stabbed by a 12-year old girl who I decided not to drop the hammer on but broke her jaw with a right hook instead). But noone ever explained to me, as you seem to believe, that I was/the officer is paid to potentially give up my/their life at a vehicle check point while flagging down cars with open arms in a search for someone who'd shot four other officers.

I think the shot the hell out of a couple gals in LA during that hunt for the cop shooter. Just because of a vehicle type.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top