JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
A routine I do several times in the course of a day.
Today, an email from ebay. My account was deactivated due to suspicious high dollar listings.

Oh joy!!
Good on ebay for catching it. What it was that was listed under my account, they did not say.
I spent a bit of the morning updating my info and reactivating my account.

Have you ever been in a particular situation?
Fun Fun

When I see stuff like that...

I do NOT click links inside the emails. I go to the website, log in and go from there.

Scammers are smart and will make a fake login page where you enter your info in. Phishing is the term. Be careful

I never "click" any links in an email. I hover. That tells the real story.
Like you, I also go direct to the web page.

Scammers are stupid!! A LOT of the not-so-tech-savy, they are more stupid.

That happened to me a little over 13 years ago. I was in Australia (for the first time) and panicked, so with limited internet access (was at a public library of all places) I clicked on the supplied link and reset everything... that got my eBay account hijacked shortly afterwards. Some dude in England was trying to sell some expensive car on my account!!

I got it straightened out, and learned EVERYTHING there was to know about "phishing" scams. I've never been successfully hacked in any of my online accounts since then. ALWAYS manually go to the website in question using a new "window" that YOU open, never via an embedded hyperlink (never click on them either)... BTW- "hovering" over a link may not always work either as they can "mask" that info in some creative ways.

Last Edited:
They can mask the link. But then that's a give away right there, if you've been paying attention to where you go and how you go about "cruising" the web. The internet is like anything else we do in our lifestyle. Once you learn to pay attention.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top