JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I drop my kid off every Saturday close to the Coliseum so I swung by the Sam Adams gun buy back..

Conclusion at 10:45am:

Not one person was there other than the police and the Ceasefire people.

Zero, Nada, none!

Well, given 45 minutes you would think if anyone was going to show they would have been there by now but maybe even the 'weaker' amongst us are catching on to these stupid events.

The city is offering a $50 gift card for working firearms. Perhaps if you stood out front and had a more pleasing offer! Is Capitalism still legal here?

I don't know why there's all this hate for gun buy-backs. The people that'll sell their guns to "the man" for $50 and a burger are just the sort of people I'd prefer to be unarmed - poor decision makers.

Of course, if you have a worthless broken gun that appears functional and you were to take advantage of this program, that would be morally wrong on some level - but pretty amusing on another.

WTH is the "Sam Adams" buy back?
Did they sponsor it?

I mean I don't drink it anyway,but I will mark them as anti if they sponsored the buy back.

the 'sam adams' isn't referring to the beer, it refers to sam adams, portland mayor...you know, the guy who was having sex with an underage male then lied about publicly, then managed to get away with it scot free...it actually seemed to enhance his popularity among the local leftist population...:(

Perfect.

OK so I'm a drunk and names go to beer memory first.

Turned in a junker shottie and 3 garbage bb guns at about 1:00 today. there were 2 other people there one turning in a decent looking 10/22 and another with a perfectly good little 25.acp saturday night special. Did not see many other guns, maybe 10-15 long guns stacked next to the police van all that did not look in very good condition. Left with $55 from Freddy's and $10 from Burgerville which was delicious I might add.

I showed up at 10:15. Saw a guy turn in a stainless 10/22. A woman gave up some german made .38. While I was looking at the .38, a guy turned in a Browning Hi-Power, which I didn't know about until one of the cops told me.

I saved a Colt 1917 .45 US Army revolver. I walked away very very happy. My wife, not as happy about the purchase as I am.

So would it be legal to sit down at one of these things all day with some cash and buy everything you could? If they're only offering $50 and you give them more what would the legal issues be?

So would it be legal to sit down at one of these things all day with some cash and buy everything you could? If they're only offering $50 and you give them more what would the legal issues be?

I only dealt with one jerk cop, the rest were pretty cool about it, other than thinking that I would only find junk. When I was about to head to the bank to get cash for the Colt, I was approached by an officer. He told me that Oregon Ceasefire would like me to leave the lot since they have the permit to use it. They said it was "for liability". The officer told me I could stand on the sidewalk. I thanked him and took off, since the Colt was going to cost my max.

The main thing is getting people to actually go for it instead of just getting in line. I didn't bother the people that were already in line as I didn't want to cause too much trouble.

I talked to Sam (Mayor Adams told me to call him that, maybe he thought I was cute, but I think I may be too old for him). I was talking to the woman with the .38 when he approached us. I explained what I was doing and I had been telling the woman that I had a CHL and I'm state certified to work armed security. He asked to see the licenses and I showed him. The woman asked if it was okay and Sam said he didn't see a problem with it.

I was impressed with how Sammy handled it.

I showed up at 10:15. Saw a guy turn in a stainless 10/22. A woman gave up some german made .38. While I was looking at the .38, a guy turned in a Browning Hi-Power, which I didn't know about until one of the cops told me.

I saved a Colt 1917 .45 US Army revolver. I walked away very very happy. My wife, not as happy about the purchase as I am.

Do'h....I'd like one of those, and some dolt turns one in for nothing...:s0054:

I drove by around 2:00....ghost town.

I only dealt with one jerk cop, the rest were pretty cool about it, other than thinking that I would only find junk. When I was about to head to the bank to get cash for the Colt, I was approached by an officer. He told me that Oregon Ceasefire would like me to leave the lot since they have the permit to use it. They said it was "for liability". The officer told me I could stand on the sidewalk. I thanked him and took off, since the Colt was going to cost my max.

The main thing is getting people to actually go for it instead of just getting in line. I didn't bother the people that were already in line as I didn't want to cause too much trouble.

I talked to Sam (Mayor Adams told me to call him that, maybe he thought I was cute, but I think I may be too old for him). I was talking to the woman with the .38 when he approached us. I explained what I was doing and I had been telling the woman that I had a CHL and I'm state certified to work armed security. He asked to see the licenses and I showed him. The woman asked if it was okay and Sam said he didn't see a problem with it.

I was impressed with how Sammy handled it.

Maybe he was hoping you'd drop some change......... :D

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads