JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I went to buy a gun today and found out my CPL expired 8 months ago. Now I will have to wait for 5 days :( I plan to be in the Sheriff's office Monday morning to renew but I do not know if I'll get some kind of temporary license or just be out of luck until my new one arrives in the mail.

BUMMER!!!

Depending on your sheriff you may get it really fast or they could hold it for a while. When I lived in Renton, King Co., they held one renewal for 10 business days before mailing it out. When I renewed in Clark Co. on a Friday I had it in my mailbox here in Oregon on Monday. I have hear of some in the state walking out the door with their renewal.

AFAIAC they both suck...Only Alaska and Vermont allow residents to carry without a CCL, but they still have the federal laws to contend with. I think my birth certificate should be good enough to exercise my constitutional rights...the bad guys will carry anyway and if we would keep them in jail where they belong and stop prosecuting law abiding folks for self defense we wouldn't have the issues we do...

Took care of my expired CHL this morning and it was like applying for a new one since mine had expired 8 months earlier. Even had to be finger printed again... They told me to expect it in 2-3 weeks.

This time I'm setting up Yahoo Calendar to email me BEFORE mine expires!

Took care of my expired CHL this morning and it was like applying for a new one since mine had expired 8 months earlier. Even had to be finger printed again... They told me to expect it in 2-3 weeks.

This time I'm setting up Yahoo Calendar to email me BEFORE mine expires!

At least you didn't find out it was expired when a LEO asked to see it. :D

At least you didn't find out it was expired when a LEO asked to see it. :D

You know, I have NEVER been asked for my CPL in all the years I've been carrying. I've told a few LEOs I was armed, even ridden in their car when I ran out of gas, and not one has asked to see my license. They had opportunity in Washington, Oregon and Nevada...

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top