JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I wish i shot like that when I was 11!!! If she's checking out these forums; check out some of Rob Dinkus's vidios on utube, at 61 he taught me some stuff. Now I just have to get out there with an observer and pratice,I've got 40yrs pratice doing some stuff WRONG !!! DOOOOOOOOOE!!!! You are doing Awsome young lady, Nice Job!!!

I have a couple problems with that video.

1. She crosses her legs, why would they not teach her to shuffle instead of cross and you can see her start to trip a couple times.

2. The POS gun jammed on the first shot, she would have been dead. Get a better gun.

BUT!
For 11 she was amazing and has a great chance at being a excellent markslady. I would like to see the grouping, but it really doesn't matter. At 11 it all about getting comfortable with the gun, comfortable moving while shooting, and using that front sight to keep on target.

I would assume her father was in some kind of LE or Military.

Great Vid.

As an instructor I'll answer these.
1st, you start out the teaching process slowly. You let them get the fundamentals started then you start drilling them with getting the mechanics correct (shuffling, proper reloading, draw etc...)
2nd, It's not the gun, it's more likely Dad is doing reloads and it looks like they're light loads and not cycling the slide fully. Notice how she has to jack a round each time? Means the slide didn't come back far enough to cycle OR they're using cheap mags with weak springs and they're not pushing up hard enough to cycle a round.

Her fundamentals were solid. I'd guess that by 13 she will be a competitive shooter.

1. She crosses her legs, why would they not teach her to shuffle instead of cross and you can see her start to trip a couple times.

2. The POS gun jammed on the first shot, she would have been dead. Get a better gun.

BUT!
For 11 she was amazing and has a great chance at being a excellent markslady. I would like to see the grouping, but it really doesn't matter. At 11 it all about getting comfortable with the gun, comfortable moving while shooting, and using that front sight to keep on target.

Great Vid.

Last Edited:
I'll be willing to bet there might have some dummy rds in there for pratic clearing. I wish this area had ranges like that, here in rural Vt it's more like an out behind the barn ranges. And it a bit harder to shoot safley with so many places going up.

WOW is that range unbelieably dangerous. Do you see the pillar just a few feet to the right of the shooter and only a few few away from the shooter down range. If a round hit that it could easily bonuce back with enough energy to kill a person.

And I think you might be correct about this being a little person look at the feet on that "kid"

BUT!

Great Vid.

Dude, it's a plastic frame gun and she's 11.. she limp wristed it. There's nothing wrong with that gun

Give that young lady her due, in 3 years she'll be out shooting anyone of us here !!! More than likley And probibly can out shoot some that are on the forums now.

Give the kid her due, she is doing great, not for just her age, but any age. Her parents are doing her a great service by getting her out shooting and teaching her the fundamentals at such a young age!
I agree with the limp wristing or light loads, or combo of both. In any case great job.

titsonritz.little over sensitive about your german heritage?

I'm german and it doesn't bother me any. They seem German and are speaking german and they are young.I have been told by germans that LIVED IN GERMANY that there is still a lot of Nazi feelings there.

Don't be buthurt.We are still the supreme race.

BK brother,you have only seen the tip of the iceberg of me being "full of it",comrade.

Auf Wiedersehn

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top