Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!
  2. We're giving away over $1,000 in prizes this month in the Northwest Firearms Winter Giveaway!
    Dismiss Notice

Check never cashed by batf

Discussion in 'NFA Weapon Discussion' started by JDN1956, Aug 24, 2010.

1. JDN1956

JDN1956 TX New Member

May 24 2010 form 4 and trust completed for suppresor ,today i went to dealer and was told they don't know the s/n for the suppresor . Anyone have any dealings with shooters depot of corpus christi tx.i paid for this back on 7 jan. Then waited till may 24 for it to be built and registeredwith batf .how can they not know the s/n ?

2. Tornado-Technologies

Tornado-Technologies Hillsboro Active Member

I'm a little confused - how can you submit a Form 4 on a suppressor your dealer doesn't have?

Shooters Depot stuff didn't impress me much when I saw it at the Shot Show. They seemed to be all talk.

3. sprice37

sprice37 Albany Oregon Active Member

From the limited info sounds like you got took

4. TonsOfOregonBrass

TonsOfOregonBrass Sandy, OR Active Member

Shooters Depo has a ton of bad reviews. not just for their products, but especially for the owner. General consensus is he is a tool and to be avoided. I have never talked with the guy or seen his products. But if half the information on them on the internet is true i would avoid them like the plague.

Other then that, you have to wait for a S / N.

5. spengo

spengo GLORIOUS CASCADIA Active Member

I would keep calling and bugging the s*** out of them until they get on the ball and get you a serial number. Next time go for a company that everyone loves like AAC.

6. JDN1956

JDN1956 TX New Member

Called Shooters Depot of CC,TX today and asked for Mike the "Mgr"and was told he was out but they resent the paperwork in today .they were even gonna pay the $200 tax. Wonder what happened to my check I gave them? I will go there this weekend and ask how they resent a form 4 and a Trust without my signiture. I called my Credit card company since I had charged the suppresor but it has been over 6 months. Does anyone have any ideals how to proceed. Thanks

7. Tornado-Technologies

Tornado-Technologies Hillsboro Active Member

OK, I got it now, you're purchasing a suppressor direct through Shooters Depot, and are doing the Form 4 direct through them. I didn't see you were located in TX.

I would advise to report the original check lost or stolen.
    I would ask them for a serial number. This will allow you to see if the transfer is in the system when you call the NFA branch.
    If they won't provide you with a serial number, you may want to see what other avenues are available to you through your Credit Card company.

8. coctailer

coctailer Portland, OR/Hastings, MI/Vancouver,WA I run with scissors.

The check was lost.
    The dealer DOES know the serial #. Talk to the Mgr.

Kinda cool that they are now paying the $200 tax. Make sure you cancel the check that was lost.