JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I have a couple of Hanks carry belts that are often on sale for a good price. They are supposed blem belts but I can't find anything wrong. Fantastic deal on sale.

Im not sure what kind of bells and whistles the tactical belt you mention might feature but for a solid leather carry belt I can give +1 to Hanks Belts. I've been wearing one for probably 2 years now. Solid workmanship, made in the USA, and comes with a 100 year warranty.

My EDC belt is a 5.11 TDU nylon belt in 1.75" width. The width is perfect for my OWB holster, and it easily supports a P320 with a full mag (2+ lbs) with no sag or droop.
I've been wearing it literally every day since 2012 with no issues. I don't recall what I paid for it 8 years ago, but it costs less than $20 today.

5.11 Tactical 1.75" TDU belt

A leather belt will "creep" over time and stretch out, and the belt holes will elongate. A nylon belt with a nylon buckle has none of these problems.

Last Edited:
My EDC belt is a 5.11 TDU nylon belt in 1.75" width. The width is perfect for my OWB holster, and it easily supports a P320 with a full mag (2+ lbs) with no sag or droop.
I've been wearing it literally every day since 2012 with no issues. I don't recall what I paid for it 8 years ago, but it costs less than $20 today.

5.11 Tactical 1.75" TDU belt

A leather belt will "creep" over time and stretch out, and the belt holes will elongate. A nylon belt with a nylon buckle has none of these problems.

Truth.... synthetics have come a long way.

Thinking outside the box or waist, consider your local friendly Grange Store or perhaps tractor supply or farm outlet. They sell various sizes widths and thicknesses of leather in various colors for horse and harness use. Price is reasonable. They also sell basic and medium leather working tool kits. Make your own your own way.

Same idea with our Levi 501 button fly shrink to fit jeans. Belt loops removed. Extra loops added. Some relocated. Sometimes all removed and bigger ones sewed on. Also do not forget the necessary and fashionable nowadays suspenders in matching logo or style. All the necessary carry stuff can drop your pants when not wanted. :)

I've been wearing this Condor Tactical Belt for about a month now:

condor-tactical-belt-olive-drab-tb-001-pistol-belt.jpg

IIRC I paid $18 for it on Amazon. I wear it with my Riggs pants when I am outside working on the property. I took the two mag holders off and I am wearing suspenders too, but I think with the belt I might get away with no suspenders if I tightened it up. I wouldn't wear this with casual office pants (usually jeans) as it probably wouldn't fit in those loops anyway, but I have wore it with several different guns in holsters on it and it worked fine. It is very stiff and I am happy with it for what it is.

It depends on what you mean by "battle belt." They can vary greatly.

My EDC belt is an Ares Gear Aegis Enhanced belt which goes for about $100. It is scuba webbing and a stainless steel buckle. The pluses over a traditional leather belt are that it is infinitely adjustable. Once you use a belt like this you will not want to go back to traditional holes in a leather belt that never seem to be in quite the right place. A webbing belt will usually stand up a bit better to rain than leather will. And the webbing doesn't stretch like leather can...particularly at the holes.

This particular belt is also strong enough to stand up to any range load-out that you throw at it including multiple rifle mags, pistol mags, holsters, knives, IFAK, light, etc. So in this sense one belt can serve multiple roles whereas not every leather belt may be able to do this.

Compare this to an actual battle belt...which generally come in a couple of variants. One variant is the older style, very wide and padded belt. These belts are generally 3"-4" wide with lots of padding and molle to hang things off of. They can be very comfy because of all the padding but this can make them hot and bulky too. These belts also have a tendency to shift a lot in highly active situations if they don't have any type of tie down feature.

The newer style battle belts tend to be two belt systems, much lower profile, and little to no padding. An example of this would be the Ronin Tactics Task Force Belt. Because of the two belt system, these belts stay in place during high output activities.

These belts and the wider styles have the added advantage of not having to thread the main belt through belt loops like a regular EDC type belt does...When you start dealing with more extensive range load-outs it becomes very annoying to have to constantly weave/thread all the accessories onto and off of the belt each time you want to put your stuff on and take it off. This is a major plus of the battle belts. Your gear stays anchored to the main belt and you just throw it all on over your pants or on top of the velcro inner belt. Makes going to the bathroom or taking off for lunch much more convenient. But the price of battle belts is not cheap. The Ronin belt I referenced is about $180 give or take.

My opinion is that they are absolutely worth it if you intend to do a lot of range work, training, etc., with multiple guns (rifle and pistol) and/or need to carry more gear than just a holster and a couple pistol mags. A good belt is also something that should last you a good long time if you take care of it. You should easily be able to get 5-10 years out of a high quality belt if you take care of it. And you tend to get what you pay for in this category so buy once/cry once and all that. :)

I see lots of suggestions for EDC belt, not sure if that's what you were looking for or not.
If it is, I like the Cobra-buckle belts from Vedder. I have leather belts from Urban Carry, Hanks, Firearms Holsters (a sadly now-defunct one-man show), and a few more. Highly recomend any of em. The one that gets worn the most is a double-layer leather tapered no-name job that I pd $100 at an AZ gunshop... in 1993.

I use an Elite Survival Systems war belt with a Vedder Cobra inner riggers belt. I prefer the load-bearing portion of the outer belt to have D-rings for the attatchment of suspenders (I use milsurp ALICE s'penders) to distribute the weight and also allow me to unhook the belt but still keep my pistol, mags, etc on while not actively engaged in battle with zombies and stuff.

For range day and gun games theres a two-piece Uncle Mike's Shooters Belt. Inner belt (thinner in all dims) is velcro and fits through standard belt loops. Outer is very (VERY) thick and attatches to the inner belt via Velcro, worn directly over the inner belt. It's 2" wide (maybe less) to accept standard holsters, mag carriers, etc. Cost is very reasonable... a solid entry-level shooter's belt setup.

Last Edited:
You guys don't just stuff a piece in the waistband? Er, I mean ... that would be so uncouth. :s0002:
I was watching one of my GF's crime shows with her one time, CSI-something... don't remember.
Hotsy-totsy detective goes under cover as a cheesecake model to catch a bad guy photographer. She's in a skimpy red lace thing (worth the watch by itself) when bad guy photog does some bad guy stuff during their photo shoot.
As she chases him, she reaches behind her and pulls out a G19.
I'm like, wait... whut... where... ?
GF gave me a sideways look and I shut up

She later commended me for my self control.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top