JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I shipped about 16 rounds of ammunition back to Hornady via UPS about a year ago. I had to take it to the distribution center to ship, they wouldn't allow me to ship it from a UPS store. I also had to put ORM-D labels on the box. I went online and found a picture of the ORM-D sticker and printed a bunch up on paper, then went to ship. I asked UPS how they wanted it labeled and cut them out as needed. Only charge was normal shipping fee's from UPS, and overall the process was pretty easy. Getting to the distribution center can be a pain, but in my case it was worth the effort.

Back story on the ammunition was an overpressure on one round. Shipped the remainder of the box back to Hornady who tested it and found it to be withing spec. They measured the fired brass I sent back and found the chamber on the gun is very tight. It turns out, I had dirt in the chamber which caused the overpressure. Hornady still sent me two boxes of ammunition for my troubles free of charge. Now THAT is customer service.

You dont even need to print the sticker. I use a "sharpie" and just write it in big letters on 4 sides of the box........ Never had a problem doing this.

You dont even need to print the sticker. I use a "sharpie" and just write it in big letters on 4 sides of the box........ Never had a problem doing this.

Yep, that will work as well, as long as it's marked with ORM-D you'll be fine. I went the sticker route because my hand writing sucks :(

I shipped two spam cans of 7N1 to a feller on the East Coast from a UPS store. I guess things have changes since.

That could be, I wonder if it's a store thing? I went to two different store and called a third and was told each time I had to go to the distribution center. I lived in Wilsonville at the time, so it wasn't too far out of my way.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top