JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Soon I'll need to replenish. I'm interested in buying in bulk. Cut to the source. Panasonic is the battery of choice. I'm wanting minimum of 50-100, possibly more.

If there's any potential, I'd be willing to get on-board with well known members here and going in on a group buy. Re-branded (known Panasonic) names will be considered if it's cost effective.

Nah. I felt pretty confident buying from the individual, given the feedback.

Positive Feedback (last 12 months): 100%
[How is Feedback percentage calculated?]

If/when I ever get plowed over, that member does not like me when it comes to dealing with them

Guys be careful here. This is one of those items that are often "faked" by China. I have a couple lights that use them. I long ago started buying re chargeable 123A's. They seem to work great.
Good point. I always check these things out carefully when I get them tho. Just like my new $25.00 genuine Rollexx watch! HaHa.:rolleyes:

Nah. I felt pretty confident buying from the individual, given the feedback. If/when I ever get plowed over, that member does not like me when it comes to dealing with them
I'm not saying don't. Just watch the "deals". Ebay has become such a damn sewer of ripoffs. I love the site. just tell people be careful. Example of what I mean. LONG before the net, buddy sees "deal" on .45ACP ammo on SGN. I say "too good don't order." He does. Stuff is crap. He wants to at least use it up. One of the last rounds blows in his hand in a Detonics. Cracked grip on one side. Put metal in his hand he had to go to Doc to have taken out. Blew out the mag in the pistol. I could not stop myself from saying "I told you not to buy that."o_Oo_O

I hear what you're saying Alex, and appreciate the heads up. You're right though. eBay did use to be real solid. Through the years, (member since 1998) I did get attempts to get burned on a few purchases that were, touch and go thinking I may actually have to swallow it. I learned to ask the seller "key" questions for specifics. If I do not get STR8 up and direct answers, correctly spelled, red flags. Even asking specifics, and getting answers I was looking for I had attempts to burn me with crap. eBay and/or Paypal prevailed. If I needed to, I pull my bank into the picture and they flat STOP the BS.

It' a learning curve, eBay, for sure

I hear what you're saying Alex, and appreciate the heads up. You're right though. eBay did use to be real solid. Through the years, (member since 1998) I did get attempts to get burned on a few purchases that were, touch and go thinking I may actually have to swallow it. I learned to ask the seller "key" questions for specifics. If I do not get STR8 up and direct answers, correctly spelled, red flags. Even asking specifics, and getting answers I was looking for I had attempts to burn me with crap. eBay and/or Paypal prevailed. If I needed to, I pull my bank into the picture and they flat STOP the BS.

It' a learning curve, eBay, for sure
You learned well!!! Main thing I keep telling people. Only pay with a Credit Card!! That way if worse comes to worse you can get your money back.

I have had very good luck with Titanium Innovations (Chinese made but good ones) from Battery Junction dot com or Amazon which stocks and sells them for Battery Junction. I have not really read bad about them or experienced any problems personally.

Per Battery Junction:
1 - 11 - $1.00 ea.
12 - 49 - $0.98 ea.
50 - 199 - $0.96 ea.
200 - 799 - $0.94 ea.
800 - 2399 - $0.92 ea.
2400+ - $0.90 ea

*Note: I have no affiliation with Battery Junction or Titanium Innovations.

Link comparing different cr123a batteries from 2009:
CR123A Comparison Review: 4Sevens, Titanium Innovations, Tenergy, Surefire, Duracell
Updated 2013:
Selfbuilt's CR123A Battery Comparison 2013

Last Edited:
I use rechargeable flashlights or rechargeable 123's for everything. Although I do keep about 10 Duracells handy just in case.

I use rechargeable flashlights or rechargeable 123's for everything. Although I do keep about 10 Duracells handy just in case.

What was your buy in for a rechargeable setup?

Any suggestions?

-Never used the 123 batteries until getting into firearms, so not that familiar with the platform. We now have multiple "things" which use those batts.

Thanks!

What was your buy in for a rechargeable setup?

Any suggestions?

-Never used the 123 batteries until getting into firearms, so not that familiar with the platform. We now have multiple "things" which use those batts.

Thanks!
I do the same. LONG ago went to rechargable but keep a few regulars in case since they last so long. The ones I originally bought off Amazon run $20 for a charger and 4 right now. I've had them so long I can't remember when I bought them. There is a lot of them to choose from at places like Amazon. This is the kind I bought:
Box: Tenergy 6pcs RCR123A 3.0V 600mAh Rechargeable Li-Ion Protected Batteries w/ Smart Charger

I think a group buy is a good idea. Most of the regulars know I'm a piece of the furniture (so to speak) around here, considering my post count. It was just a thought. KRINGE<----I'm pretty sure I understand your concerns, also.

I would not buy batteries online, I'm also not an ebay fan anymore. If your conformable ordering from someone there then ok, but some things are too easily cloned and wind up even in good hands on the web.

poorly made batteries can cause fires, leak or corrode easy and destroy the device they are installed in.

I have had very good luck with Titanium Innovations (Chinese made but good ones) from Battery Junction dot com or Amazon which stocks and sells them for Battery Junction. I have not really read bad about them or experienced any problems personally.

Per Battery Junction:
1 - 11 - $1.00 ea.
12 - 49 - $0.98 ea.
50 - 199 - $0.96 ea.
200 - 799 - $0.94 ea.
800 - 2399 - $0.92 ea.
2400+ - $0.90 ea

*Note: I have no affiliation with Battery Junction or Titanium Innovations.

Link comparing different cr123a batteries from 2009:
CR123A Comparison Review: 4Sevens, Titanium Innovations, Tenergy, Surefire, Duracell
Updated 2013:
Selfbuilt's CR123A Battery Comparison 2013

Your post got me interested in more of the low down.
IRD REAP-IR Battery Testing

Can anyone show a test, or at least explain why Panasonic is supposed to be the "go to" battery in CR123a? I ask because the one flashlight I have that uses just one battery seems to eat up Panasonics faster than Duracels. Are there different performance levels and the Panasonics I bought were the lower quality version?

Can anyone show a test, or at least explain why Panasonic is supposed to be the "go to" battery in CR123a? I ask because the one flashlight I have that uses just one battery seems to eat up Panasonics faster than Duracels. Are there different performance levels and the Panasonics I bought were the lower quality version?
the link that 2A2Dend shared what a test that said that all "made in the usa CR123a" batteries are produced in the same factory owned by Panasonic... so, are you certain that the Panasonics you bought for your light were not Chinese knock offs, where did you buy them from?

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top