JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
What was your buy in for a rechargeable setup?

Any suggestions?

-Never used the 123 batteries until getting into firearms, so not that familiar with the platform. We now have multiple "things" which use those batts.

Thanks!

I'm running a Pila IBC charger but it's several years old at this point and there may be better chargers out there. To that end, there's a ton of chargers out there at this point. It might be a good idea to spend a little time on Candle Power Forums. Those guys are crazy for flashlights and batteries and there's probably a thread or two...or a hundred...discussing chargers.

ALSO...If you're new to CR123's, lithium batteries, and rechargeable CR123's, it's worth your time to give this thread a read (below). You do need to be careful with these batteries as a "thermal runaway" on a lithium battery is no joke. FYI "thermal runaway" is a fancy description for "fire and explosion." And do note that they are not like AA batteries where you can pretty much use primary AA's and rechargeable AA's interchangeably. There is a voltage output difference on rechargeable CR123's compared to the primaries and your item has to be built to specifically handle the voltage difference. Dropping a Rechargeable CR123 into a device not made for it could cause big problems.

Using Li-ion cells in LED flashlights safely

Candle Power Forums is a vast space on the webs to quickly get lost in.

Mark your trail.
Tie a rope around your waste.
Take a map.
Take a compass.
Grid co-ordinance?
Mark location on GPS.
Take a locating beacon.
Apple IpoD.
Sleeping bag

Lots of good info if you can wade through it all :confused:

the link that 2A2Dend shared what a test that said that all "made in the usa CR123a" batteries are produced in the same factory owned by Panasonic... so, are you certain that the Panasonics you bought for your light were not Chinese knock offs, where did you buy them from?

From the corner market by my work. The guy that owns it is kind of a shister, so anything's possible.
I spose if I'd checked out the link first.... :D

Mark your trail.
Take a map.
Take a compass.
Grid co-ordinance?
Mark location on GPS.
Take a locating beacon.
Apple IpoD.
Sleeping bag

Haha that's pretty funny rite there & appreciated!

Being the quisi nerd that I am, I could envision taking a quick look on there about this subject, and not coming back until a few days later...

...while forgetting what I went to look for in the first place...

Think I looked on there for some info on my LED lighting setup for my camper way back when.

Had enough indirect positive reviews for an etailer "super bright LEDS" at the time, that I bought some stuff from them. And then some more...Now I have an account with that etailer, and have bought all sorts of do-dads that light up thru them.

Soon I'll need to replenish. I'm interested in buying in bulk. Cut to the source. Panasonic is the battery of choice. I'm wanting minimum of 50-100, possibly more.

If there's any potential, I'd be willing to get on-board with well known members here and going in on a group buy. Re-branded (known Panasonic) names will be considered if it's cost effective.

I usually buy batteries of any kind on Amazon.com. Buying on eBay is more problematic, in my opinion. I think that the odds are greater of getting a fake copy-cat battery. So I would advise going on Amazon and see what sort of prices you can find there.

Mark your trail.
Take a map.
Take a compass.
Grid co-ordinance?
Mark location on GPS.
Take a locating beacon.
Apple IpoD.
Sleeping bag

Hahahahaha! So VERY accurate! I thought "gun guys" were crazy for their hobby. We got nothing on Flashaholics!

@Lance Jacobs
Amazon is no different than eBay. I've been burned on there as well.
Anything anyone purchases, best they don't shoot from the hip. Look into the retailer and the seller as much as possible. Even at that, there are no guarantees.

Thanks go out to all the people who shop outside their immediate area, for closing down the "convenience" stores we once had that's known as local economy

@Lance Jacobs
Anything anyone purchases, best they don't shoot from the hip. Look into the retailer and the seller as much as possible. Even at that, there are no guarantees.

Thanks go out to all the people who shop outside their immediate area, for closing down the "convenience" stores we once had that's known as local economy

I believe I read in the review sections at Amazon of people getting their batteries, only to open the boxes and find just the top row being the actual batteries they ordered. The other rows were a variety of other brands and looked used. Probably people buying them, swapping them out with their used ones and returning for a refund or exchange.

Also, people have reported getting batteries that were close to their "best used by" dates. This indicates old inventory which nobody would want.

I have never had any of these problems with Battery Junction. Again, I have no affiliation with these guys, just a satisfied customer.

I believe I read in the review sections at Amazon of people getting their batteries, only to open the boxes and find just the top row being the actual batteries they ordered. The other rows were a variety of other brands and looked used. Probably people buying them, swapping them out with their used ones and returning for a refund or exchange.

Also, people have reported getting batteries that were close to their "best used by" dates. This indicates old inventory which nobody would want.

I have never had any of these problems with Battery Junction. Again, I have no affiliation with these guys, just a satisfied customer.
Exactly. There are counterfeit batteries and used batteries with new labels and/or blister packs. I buy the 123/N/3250/18650 etc. at a local battery store. They are actually cheaper than the grocery store and of course they have wider selection. The common ones like AA/AAA/9V I buy in bulk at Costco.

@Lance Jacobs

Your comments about Amazon could not be more off-base and inaccurate, in my opinion. I've been buying stuff from Amazon for many years. For one thing, items are often available direct from Amazon themselves. And that is certainly the case with these batteries that you are looking for. Did you not even bother to check their price?

Why did you even bother to post here asking for recommendations, if you are not even willing to consider recommendations that people offer in order to assist you? Don't insult my attempt to help you.

Even if one buys from a third party company on Amazon, Amazon has an outstanding protection plan that allows one to get relief if there is ever any problem with an order. Remember that your money goes through Amazon, and not directly to the 3rd party.

Amazon.com Help: A-to-z Guarantee Protection

So no, your comments about Amazon are not at all fair, in my opinion.

And as far as local stores go, Walmart put them out of business decades ago. Have you perhaps been living in another country for the past 20 years?

Your comments about Amazon could not be more off-base and inaccurate, in my opinion. I've been buying stuff from Amazon for many years. For one thing, items are often available direct from Amazon themselves. And that is certainly the case with these batteries that you are looking for. Did you not even bother to check their price?

Why did you even bother to post here asking for recommendations, if you are not even willing to consider recommendations that people offer in order to assist you? Don't insult my attempt to help you.

Even if one buys from a third party company on Amazon, Amazon has an outstanding protection plan that allows one to get relief if there is ever any problem with an order. Remember that your money goes through Amazon, and not directly to the 3rd party.

Amazon.com Help: A-to-z Guarantee Protection

So no, your comments about Amazon are not at all fair, in my opinion.

And as far as local stores go, Walmart put them out of business decades ago. Have you perhaps been living in another country for the past 20 years?
I've bought a ton of stuff from Amazon (possibly literally a ton) and I have to say the batteries have been a disappointment. I've had good luck with rechargeables after a lot of research, but "button" and watch batteries, forget it. Never again. You might want to give 2A a little slack. Just saying.

I take no offense what anyone cares to share. We all have opinions. If you find the need to ask another opinion, you are uneducated. Take everything in life as such.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top