JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Besides bimart what's the cheapest place to buy powder. I'm thinking 8#s or so IMR 4895. All online places I've found charge an extra 20 for shipping. Is there any place else online or otherwise to pick up cheap powder?

Thanks
James

The last couple of times when I bought some 8 lb kegs of powder......I bought them off of the classified ads or I got them at Sportsman's Warehouse.

As for the Internet.....
Always keeping in mind your final cost. So, you got your Internet price. Then, add for shipping & add for the Haz Mat.

Yes, I've done that too. But, I needed several kegs of powder to make the price work to my advantage. Or, consider a group buy. But, you'll probably be the point man. Ouch!

Aloha, Mark

Last Edited:
I wait until Grafs.com or MidwayUSA.com have free hazmat promotions with minimum purchase and/or selected powders. As it just so happens both of them are running free hazmat promotions right now.

Screenshot_2019-08-18 The Reloading Authority - Graf Sons.png
Screenshot_2019-08-18 Free HazMat on Qualifying Powder Orders.png

Last Edited:
Thanks for the links. Unfortunately Grafs is out of 4895 in 8# containers and Midway doesn't have IMR on the promo. I will email Grafs and see when they plan on getting the 8#ers back in stock.

As for a group buy Ive been the point guy on several different items from my other hobbies and that wasn't all that fun. Lol. Probably just end up getting it from bimart. But they usually only have 1 or 2 of the 1# containers and I've never seen the 8# ones there.

Thanks much
James

How about Jeff Bartlett and his surplus powder? Prices are right. He doesn't have 4895 right now but has WC846 and RL15 both of which are military surplus originally used in 7.62mm NATO.

Brownells also has lots of %10 off days and free shipping.

They also often have 20$ off of 200+ and free shipping.

Also, if an item is already on sale you can still use any discount code.

Brownells is the best of the best of the best. Day in and day out.

Midsouth shooters supply has it in stock at $181/8lb. No current shipping/hazmat deals tho, so brings it up to $208, Powder Valley $5 more. If your local Sportsmans has it in stock, it's $210.

As others mention, best to get on emailers for places if just to keep an eye out on specials (shipping, hazmat, sales).

Grafs
Midsouth Shooters Supply
Powder Valley
Midway
Cabelas (used to commonly free ship to store, but not powders IIRC)

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top