Gun Deals
Oregon Rifleworks
Sporting Systems
Defensive Arts
Southwest Firearms Forum
Buster Beaver Cerakote
J&B Firearm Sales
Welcome to Northwest Firearms
Join our community, sign up for free today!

Cheapest place to buy powders online or otherwise

Reactions
Besides bimart what's the cheapest place to buy powder. I'm thinking 8#s or so IMR 4895. All online places I've found charge an extra 20 for shipping. Is there any place else online or otherwise to pick up cheap powder?

Thanks
James

ma96782

Reactions
The last couple of times when I bought some 8 lb kegs of powder......I bought them off of the classified ads or I got them at Sportsman's Warehouse.

As for the Internet.....
Always keeping in mind your final cost. So, you got your Internet price. Then, add for shipping & add for the Haz Mat.

Yes, I've done that too. But, I needed several kegs of powder to make the price work to my advantage. Or, consider a group buy. But, you'll probably be the point man. Ouch!

Aloha, Mark

Last edited:
Reactions: ron
OP
C
Reactions
Thanks for the links. Unfortunately Grafs is out of 4895 in 8# containers and Midway doesn't have IMR on the promo. I will email Grafs and see when they plan on getting the 8#ers back in stock.

As for a group buy Ive been the point guy on several different items from my other hobbies and that wasn't all that fun. Lol. Probably just end up getting it from bimart. But they usually only have 1 or 2 of the 1# containers and I've never seen the 8# ones there.

Thanks much
James

gmerkt

Reactions
How about Jeff Bartlett and his surplus powder? Prices are right. He doesn't have 4895 right now but has WC846 and RL15 both of which are military surplus originally used in 7.62mm NATO.

turbo_vanner

Reactions

They have wc844 and wc846 if pulldown/surplus BLC2 and H335 will work. Just over $15/lb if you buy 16lbs. They email list gives out coupon codes about once a month for powder. Price includes shipping and hazmat.

Camelfilter

Reactions
Midsouth shooters supply has it in stock at $181/8lb. No current shipping/hazmat deals tho, so brings it up to $208, Powder Valley $5 more. If your local Sportsmans has it in stock, it’s $210.

As others mention, best to get on emailers for places if just to keep an eye out on specials (shipping, hazmat, sales).

Grafs
Midsouth Shooters Supply
Powder Valley
Midway
Cabelas (used to commonly free ship to store, but not powders IIRC)

OP
C
Reactions
Well all bimart locations in Oregon including the warehouse is out of IMR 4895. Ended up getting 2#s of IMR 4064 instead.

Thanks everyone for the help
James

NEW CLASSIFIED ADS

LATEST REVIEWS

• Adaptive Firing Solutions
    5.00 star(s)
    I've been party to a couple transactions with Steve and he is a great guy to deal with.
    • titsonritz
  • TJ Gun Sales
    5.00 star(s)
    Purchased two handguns there and have one on consignment now nice folks!
    • rl280
  • Northwest Armory - Tigard
    5.00 star(s)
    Went in to help my buddy with his purchase and ended up trading in a 1911 towards a CZ SP-01 Tactical. They gave a higher price that some of the...
    • nosbocaj
  • Lincoln City Sporting Goods
    5.00 star(s)
    They have a good selection of firearms and ammo - their prices are very good - and the service if exceptional.
    • python287
  • Supporting Vendor Copeland Custom Gunworks
    5.00 star(s)
    My Yugo M48 was in dire need of a face lift after removing the sights a few years ago, so I contacted Tim to have it Cerakoted. He was very good...
    • arrowshooter

SUPPORT NORTHWEST FIREARMS