Welcome to Northwest Firearms
Join our community, sign up for free today!

Cheapest place to buy powders online or otherwise

Reactions
Besides bimart what's the cheapest place to buy powder. I'm thinking 8#s or so IMR 4895. All online places I've found charge an extra 20 for shipping. Is there any place else online or otherwise to pick up cheap powder?

Thanks
James

ma96782

Reactions
The last couple of times when I bought some 8 lb kegs of powder......I bought them off of the classified ads or I got them at Sportsman's Warehouse.

As for the Internet.....
Always keeping in mind your final cost. So, you got your Internet price. Then, add for shipping & add for the Haz Mat.

Yes, I've done that too. But, I needed several kegs of powder to make the price work to my advantage. Or, consider a group buy. But, you'll probably be the point man. Ouch!

Aloha, Mark

Last edited:
Reactions: ron
OP
C
Reactions
Thanks for the links. Unfortunately Grafs is out of 4895 in 8# containers and Midway doesn't have IMR on the promo. I will email Grafs and see when they plan on getting the 8#ers back in stock.

As for a group buy Ive been the point guy on several different items from my other hobbies and that wasn't all that fun. Lol. Probably just end up getting it from bimart. But they usually only have 1 or 2 of the 1# containers and I've never seen the 8# ones there.

Thanks much
James

Reactions
How about Jeff Bartlett and his surplus powder? Prices are right. He doesn't have 4895 right now but has WC846 and RL15 both of which are military surplus originally used in 7.62mm NATO.

turbo_vanner

Reactions

They have wc844 and wc846 if pulldown/surplus BLC2 and H335 will work. Just over $15/lb if you buy 16lbs. They email list gives out coupon codes about once a month for powder. Price includes shipping and hazmat.

Camelfilter

Reactions
Midsouth shooters supply has it in stock at $181/8lb. No current shipping/hazmat deals tho, so brings it up to $208, Powder Valley $5 more. If your local Sportsmans has it in stock, it’s $210.

As others mention, best to get on emailers for places if just to keep an eye out on specials (shipping, hazmat, sales).

Grafs
Midsouth Shooters Supply
Powder Valley
Midway
Cabelas (used to commonly free ship to store, but not powders IIRC)

OP
C
Reactions
Well all bimart locations in Oregon including the warehouse is out of IMR 4895. Ended up getting 2#s of IMR 4064 instead.

Thanks everyone for the help
James

NEW CLASSIFIED ADS

LATEST REVIEWS

• Rangemaster Gunworks
    5.00 star(s)
    I have done business with Jeff for many years,he is trustworthy and honest
    • grpolarbear
  • Rangemaster Gunworks
    5.00 star(s)
    I've known him from the beginning. I trust him completely. His prices are fair. He is technically competent in all aspects of gunsmithing and...
    • OLDMANWINTER
  • Country Line Shooting Sports
    5.00 star(s)
    If you like a good mom and pop, country store, County Line only lacks the cracker barrel and chairs to be damn near perfect. They try and for the...
    • CptPh0t0n
  • Brimstone Gunsmithing
    5.00 star(s)
    David is kind, considerate and a true professional as are the rest of his staff ! Thanks
    • LuLuBelle
  • Brimstone Gunsmithing
    5.00 star(s)
    Back in April, I had Brimstone do a Tier 1 trigger job for my 10/22 race gun build. After months of use and a handful of speed steel events, I...
    • Mister Bisley

Staff online