JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
My current plan is to build the cheapest AR possible, lower from here, Cheapest full kit from del-ton.

So my question is what will I be sacrificing if I don't spend an extra $1,000 on it.

I am shooting for around military grade M16 accuracy!

THX

-Jon

If you want a $600 AR, get the oly plinker. They may not be the greatest, but you dont have to worry about building. Well unless your build just consists of buying a complete lower and upper.

Well, I am not an AR bank of wisdom, but I would say that it all depends on your intended uses. I don't think you are planning on shooting it a ton (I could be wrong on that), maybe it is just for zombies, future resale value and plinking? I would say it would work for the above mentioned uses. I have owned about 4 different AR's (bushy, 2 oly's and 1 PWA build) and there is a difference in fit/finish in the bushy/pwa versus the olympic arms, but the oly's worked fine, even with the wolf. I think that if you spent $150-200 more than your price, you could get a much better one than a $600 one (I have seen RRA's, bushy's, etc..) in the $7-800 price range. There is a guy on gunbroker who sells stag arms completes for $675 shipped (I think that is the shipped price), handled one of those and they felt pretty nice.

I would but here is where I am at.. Given the fact that I have a 1 year old... I only have so much to spend on firearms each month.

So plan is, buy a lower... buy the parts for a lower... buy upper.. in that order...

Buy mags mags mags....

You don't nearly need to spend 1,600 for a good quality AR, factory built or not.
I would never pay that much for one either........

Just pay attention to details, and you should get a quality build for around 800+ or so......

I've built 3 kits from Del-ton in the past, good quality stuff, and EXCELLENT customer service.

Their basic kits are very reasonably priced and all you have to do is add a stripped lower.

You also have the option of upgrading the kits, so you can add a chrome-lined bbl, different upper, different stock ect.

I would highly recommend them. And putting an AR together isn't any harder than playing with legos.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top