JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I've been getting the Cheaper Than Dirt flyer for some time now and it's mostly the same old stuff on sale every month with a few new items thrown in, but I notice in the last few months they have really been pitching the firearms sale side of their business. In fact, their latest catalog that just arrived yesterday was absolutely full of listings for firearms for sale. They've also changed from the slick glossy page format to much cheaper paper. It let's them put out a much bigger catalog for the same or lower price I would guess.

I was listening to KXL 101.5 FM in my truck a few weeks back and they actually had a radio add hawking their firearms sales.

No real point to this, I just found it interesting. Has anyone ever bought a gun from them? If so, how was the service and pricing?

Never bought a gun from them, used to buy accessories from them back in the day but always found shipping to be a rip off. I now absolutely refuse to do business with them after they participated in some of the most extreme price gouging following the last election (simple AR uppers for $1000, ridiculous ammo prices, ect)

They are hit and miss on pricing from my experiences with them. A little more miss than hit usually. I didn't know about them price gouging, but that would be enough to lose my business as well. That is just uncalled for.

Never bought a gun from them, used to buy accessories from them back in the day but always found shipping to be a rip off. I now absolutely refuse to do business with them after they participated in some of the most extreme price gouging following the last election (simple AR uppers for $1000, ridiculous ammo prices, ect)

+1

I have never bought anything from them and never will. Selling PMAGs for $35 is price gouging, no matter how you look at it.

CTD are rip offs, plain and simple. This ad was on there web site the day after the 2008 elections.

pmag.jpg

Pmags have never had a $60 msrp to my knowledge.

Well, call it what you will. It's actually called charging "what the market will bear" not gouging.
When I couldn't get AR parts because they were back ordered 12-36 weeks I had to pay more.
Prices are going to go up across the board again, and you panic and buy or you don't.
Hope I don't get scolded for charging "market price" when this happens.
But that P-MAG pricing is a little over the line!

They're shipping policies are absurd. I was going to order 2 Pearce magazine bottom plates for the compact mags of my xdm- they wanted $6.50 each- a good price, with $9.95 shipping each because they only had 1 in each warehouse! They can suck it

In the past some of thier stuff was at a good price and looking thru the catalog was fun, but thier dirt is fairly expensive and have not bought from them for a long time. Oh, handling and shipping was a rip.

I used to buy from them with some regularity. Depending on what was bought, shipping could be dealt with. But when they jacked their prices this last go-round, I decided I was done with them.

BTW, they're also running commercials on the Blaze network now.

They will never see anymore green from me after watching them CLEARLY take advantage (beyond reasonable margins) of the recent gun-grabber situation. They only thing they will ever see from me is "brown" that they can suck gaseous substances from.

Cheaper than dirt (CTD) is dead to me for all intensive purposes... they have been for awhile now and after their Picture book magazine I dont think I will ever buy from them again... they sent out a magazine with no prices in it only saying they might be able to get it...

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top