JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Like a lot of people I swore that I would never again buy anything from Cheaper than Dirt after their shameless gouging during the Sandy Hook Obama ammo scare of whenever that happened. Today I broke that milquetoast promise and purchased my quarterly bonus gun. CTD actually had it for less than $300 under MSRP. Had to snatch it up. Personally I think Standard will go the way of USFA in a few years and these will jump in price maybe even more than the USFA guns have.

Nickel plated Standard Manufacturing Co. 45 Colt 4 3/4" SAA with one piece burled walnut grips. Standard picked up the USFA equipment and quite a few of the old USFA and Colt employees.The Standard Manufacturing guns are CNC'd out of 4140 bar stock .

I prefer one piece stocks but they do have a 2 piece stock artillery length in nickel for about $250 less than the factory will sell you one. They really do have the best prices on those guns. Keep in mind these start at just shy of $2000.

https://www.cheaperthandirt.com/stan...7-GSAR5N2.html

If they have one of the blued and case hardened 5 1/2" available next bonus go round I'll grab one of those.Their case hardening is beautiful. In any case if they are like most other high end manufacturers of SAA's ( Colt included ) they will be bankrupt before you know it so dont wait. Then the collectors will step in. Hopefully they will get to the planned Color case hardened Woodsman clone. I will be elated.

Normally I poo poo claims of quality when it comes to firearms especially when it comes to AR's ( man barbies ) but there really is a world of difference between a "good" single action and an Italian one.

Apparently its so rare I cant even find a picture of one online. Looks somewhat similar to this but 4 3/4" instead of artillery length and one piece instead of a grip screw. Should be in my grubbies by Friday.

STD-1210345-Edit__47772.1540561558.jpg

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads